Today's Wow did I just see that?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Aug 5, 2011.

1. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

What is the best solution B? Maybe they could just stick them up your bum?

2. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

You are the perfect example of what happens to people when psychotropic drugs leach into the groundwater.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

4. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

That song definitely needs more cowbell.....

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  5. Wayne Stollings

The mind altering kind too.

6. Wayne Stollings

[​IMG]

DWK likes this.
  7. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

One of the ways CVS offers to dispose of drugs:

All CVS Pharmacy locations that do not currently have a safe medication disposal kiosk now offer DisposeRx packets at no cost to patients filling an opioid prescription for the first time. According to the manufacturer, when water and the DisposeRx powder are added to a pill bottle with unwanted prescription medications the combination produces a biodegradable gel, allowing for safe disposal at home.

https://disposerx.com/page/10/faqs

DisposeRx's patented packets contain a blend of solidifying materials that provide a safe solution for the disposal of unused or expired medications. When water and the DisposeRx powder are added to medications in the prescription vial/bottle and shaken, the drugs become chemically and physically sequestered in a viscous gel. The gel is a network of crosslinking polymers (think of a tightly woven fish net) which traps the medication’s active ingredient within its composition rendering the drug unavailable and unusable. Further, the gel is naturally resistant to solvents and tampering.

Over time, the moist environment within the treated vial encourages degradation of the active ingredient. The gel may dry, in which case the cross-linking polymer network will tighten around the active ingredient(s). Validated third-party testing has confirmed that DisposeRx is non-toxic and safe for household trash disposal.

Our technology uses proprietary materials found in oral medications and listed by the FDA as inactive ingredients for approved oral medication. Our cross-linking polymer network functions like a tightly woven fishing net and encapsulates/traps the active ingredients, keeping them bound in our unique gel matrix.

By “chemically sequester” we mean the active ingredient(s) [AI] cannot be extracted in a usable state. If a person was to try and extract any of the active ingredient from the activated gel matrix and is successful (which is unlikely), the drug or active ingredient will not be in a useable form, thus helping to break the chain of illicit use and abuse.

By “physically sequester” we are referring to how our technology begins to break down the drug formulation so that the medication is no longer recognizable or intact. It is unrecognizable as the therapeutic dose for which it was intended.

8. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

There, I fixed it.

9. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

This seems like a prophylactic solution to eventual “degradation”, but as the component parts break down, and are apparently not “viable”, or “recognizable” in their original form, it may take months, or even years, as this article states, for chemical degradation to occur. So it would seem that even if the polymers corralled the active pharmaceutical ingredients before degrading, there would still need to be some sort of toxic containment facility for any DisposeRx treated pharmaceuticals.

1E5D85A6-E8C8-46BC-BFBF-86FDDF3C0908.jpeg

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

It is usually gone by the time I put it in Drive

Wayne Stollings and DWK like this.
  11. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

The perfect cake to enjoy while driving......
    782C4B39-D938-4E42-BBEA-895C9D3DC5B9.jpeg

Wayne Stollings and Hught like this.
  12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

That's a wrenching post!

Wayne Stollings and DWK like this.
  13. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

You’re a nut!

Wayne Stollings and Hught like this.
  14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Never saw your response, but on your point being that we are the 9th most populous state I thought I would share that we are 37th in deaths per thousand from Covid! I would like to thank my fellow North Carolinian's and our leaders during this crisis.

DWK and Wayne Stollings like this.
  15. Wayne Stollings

My 1973 Mach 1. One of 3,336 ever made of its type.

[​IMG]

Almost my first new car except I had black Mach 1 side decals on mine... the number of those produced pretty well matches my info on that car ... 351 CJ, dual exhaust, factory cast alloy wheels, medium yellow gold paint ...

DWK likes this.
  16. Wayne Stollings

17. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Oooooh, look at the metal on that car! Did your Mach I have the stylin’ louvered window thingy in the back? And why was everything in the 1970s painted that “Harvest Gold” color? It’s almost the same color as my mother’s kitchen appliances, and my sister’s prom dress back then! Lol.

18. Wayne Stollings

19. Wayne Stollings

Yep, and my jacket to the prom was the same gold and black as my car too. If I had invested all the money from speeding tickets I could buy another one .... I never got it past about 130 mph because I lived in the mountains and there were no straight roads one of my friends had a 1969 Roadrunner 383 that he upgraded to a 440 bored .001 over, stroked and blueprinted with a set of 3 Holley 2 bbl carbs and a Holley dual point distributor and he could not keep up with the Mach 1 ... my 350 Kawasaki had the same top end as his bird ... 111 mph

[​IMG]

DWK likes this.
  20. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Cleveland or Windsor ?