Tornado Slams Oklahoma City Area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., May 20, 2013.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I agree. You didn't start the political crap though. :?

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Not that I want this thread to be about politics...because I don't. This is just a quick response to your question....http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Up...-speedy-aid-prayers-as-wrangling-begins-video. I'm also not a fan of the link I quickly gave you. Just sayin'.

Now maybe we can concentrate on the victims of this horrible natural disaster and keep them in our thoughts.

Sherry

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

One commonality I've noticed among those interviewed on TV is that they are very humble. Also, most of them are calm as they say they will rebuild, etc. Unlike Katrina, I've seen no one demanding help from the government or anyone else. People are helping themselves, which in turn makes others want to help them.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Indeed. :cheers:

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

So much for not letting politics get involved.

What more did you expect the man to do? He is not a god!

Here is a good interview with GOP Representative Cole from Moore. The last minute is where he discussed Obama's prayers for these poor folks and the resources he is making available.

Rep. Cole Is From Moore, Where Deadly Twister Hit

6. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Umm I thought this wasn't the time and place for politics here.. I felt my boat rocking earlier from that shot over the bow you sent..

Now this.. lets be fair and consistent here.. sweet pea,,

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Who is "sweet pea"? My neighbor has a dog with that name, are you referring to her? Go back under your bridge troll. You were the one that came in pooping all over this thread. The adults are attempting to clean up the mess you made.

8. C me Now BMM

yeah ok... you're the one who said it's not the time and place for politics.. than an hr later guess what.. yeah you go political in agreement... maybe SS did have you pegged as a hypocrite.. you've shown it here.. being the adult you are.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Your opinion means just as much to me as his does. And take that to mean less than nothing trollboy. Like I said, you made a mess, others are cleaning it up.

10. C me Now BMM

Well I don't need nor asked for you to clean up after me, and by you chastising me by politicizing this thread and you feel the need to come along thinking you're gonna clean it up after me is ignorant of you because your so called clean up involves your political stance here also. You call me a troll which is an opinion. I call you a full blown hypocrite in this,, which is a fact. Be cool Sweet pea.

11. C me Now BMM

Great point, we're not seeing Leroy walking down the street carrying flat screen TVs or grocery cart full of groceries.

12. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I think the main difference is in the a) the scale of the two disasters, b) the longevity of the effects, and c) the response time. Considering both caused huge amounts of damage, Katrina left a wider swath and flooding which prevented help from arriving. If I recall it was weeks before any measurable help arrived in NO, not to mention the advance warning hurricanes give versus the 15 minutes of warning a tornado offers - so the W admin had some lead time. The largest point here is that Moore happened 2 days ago now, with little to no warning - be honest with yourself and consider how quickly any measurable a response can be made versus weeks after a hurricane where there was ample warning.

If there is no little to no measurable help in Moore, OK after 5-6 days (food, water, etc.) then I would say you could begin to compare the two.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You may have your opinion. I have mine of you trollboy. Come back when you can have something constructive to add to the conversation.

14. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

I didn't care for the democrats calling out Bush for Katrina, so why should I call out Obama for the tornados? You want your side treated with respect, treat the other side with respect.

Oh wait, that's what adults would do.

Nevermind.

15. C me Now BMM

Ok. I'll forgive you this time. We cool.

16. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Also, the government learned a lot from the Katrina debacle. Now they send someone from FEMA in days in advance of a bad storm to start the federal help immediately, if needed. That's a huge improvement!!

Sherry

17. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Unless the house is vacuumed, dishes are washed and the clothes are clean....get off the computer.

18. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

...aaaaaannnnndddd now we have our first misogynistic post of the thread. Super.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No worries Harvey, that post will get all the consideration it deserves too. :lol:

20. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member