Traffic rant............

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lgb0250, Feb 13, 2010.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I think I understand where the OP is coming from. Someone going way too slow is nearly as much of a hazard as someone going too fast.

3. ditch digger

ditch digger Well-Known Member

Maybe they did not want to be on the road. What if they had to get insulin, dialysis, or chemo. Sorry they interrupted your Saturday morning joy ride. By the way, the speed limit is a maximum not a minimum.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

U
    :hurray:

5. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

The OP posted before 10am. That means that there were still some areas that may have been a little slick.

Going slow in normal conditions I may agree with you, but this morning was not normal conditions.

6. Ima Sheltie

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

7. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

There is such a thing as common courtesy. It's a great thing. You might want to look up the definition. If you're doing 25 in a 45 mph zone you are a hazard and creating a bottleneck. At least have the courtesy to pull over and let people by you occasionally. Even farmers acknowledge this right of the road.

Most of us use our mouths to talk with. Not all of us use other extremities. You have a preponderancy for jumping to conclusions and thinking the worst of other people. If I was to act in such a way and looking at your board name of "Ima Sheltie" I would tend to think you're a dog! Are you? When you can grow up and quit attacking people for expressing their opinions I may listen to you. But until then I think I'll try this ignore feature people talk about. Have a nice evening.

8. Ima Sheltie

:withstupid:

If you feel like thinking with your head rather than your ***, I'll be out in the yard ****ing on your car tires. :jester:

9. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

There was ice on the road at this time. I know, I saw a lady in the ditch at 11:00 AM with someone helping her out.
    Next time, take a deep breath and be patient.

10. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Oh good, another groupy!!

How did you ascertain there was ice on the road? I drove all the way from N. Shiloh to White Oak on Cornwallis and there was not a drop of ice. Could the lady have been talking on her cellphone and lost control of her vehicle? Could she have veered off the road and got caught in some snow and lost control. Could somebody have side swiped her? Could she have just been a bad driver that needed to be staying home? There are tons of reasons but "ice" is a p*** (as the dog would state) poor reason for it.

Where does everybody get off even thinking that I lost my patience? I never tailgated this lady. I never even passed her given many chances to. I never honked my horn at her or flipped her off. People always jump to their own private analysis. I've got a dog calling me an a** and you telling me I'm impatient. Like I said, if you can't drive in it, do us all a favor and stay home. You're nothing but a hazard to those around you.

11. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

12. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Here's my take...

The topic is a traffic rant. An opportunity to blow off a bit of steam. Its better to do it here than behind the wheel. I think we all feel stressed at times and need to vent. From the motorist's point of view, the NCSHP had advised everyone today to use caution. Sure, there are those that exercise a bit too much, but you never know what that person has experienced in life before. Maybe she's been in a bad accident years before. Maybe it wasn't her choice to get out in the weather. It was Saturday and few people needing to be at some place at certain time. You drive 15 mph under the speed limit and on that short stretch of road, you may get there 5 minute later. Frustrating and potentially dangerous in its on right driving THAT slow, but better to get where you're going than end up in the ditch. Thankfully, I've never been in that serious of an accident, but I've been walloped in a rear-ender before. Definitely not a pleasurable day to have that happen.

This is the type of topic that begs for the OP to be kicked in the shins, but it doesn't sound like you were aggressive or rude to either driver so no harm, no foul.

13. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Thats right, leave the house early from now on and enjoy the ride no matter how slow or fast.

14. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

How about we could see the ice! It was a shaded area. Tall trees on both sides of the road.

15. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

totally agree lgb, bumpkins need to stay off the road and stop creating slow moving hazards for the people that know what the **** theyre doing. No reason to leave the house hillbillies, you already went to the store and stocked up on enough food for 6 weeks.....:?

16. Ima Sheltie

Need I say more?

17. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

have a great driving commute this morning. Leave early and enjoy the ride.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Why do people think its ok to use a turning lane for a passing lane? :banghead:
    Coming down Clev sch rd yesterday afternoon, near Meadows of SF. Some STUPID girl is driving down those turning lanes (yes I mean more than one) to pass an Aspluduh truck that was traveling a little too slowly for her! :x :banghead:

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Beats me, I saw it this morning around the bypass exchange on 42. I know one thing, the little #$%^ in the blue Toyota Camry that I have seen on numerous occasions zipping around between there and the intersection of Cornwallis and 42 is going to catch her killing one of these days. No sense in acting ignorant when you are just going to get caught at the next light anyway. Here's a hint, get up 5 minutes earlier so you don't endanger everyone else on the road. :banghead:

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

see i have the opposite problem on my commute to Cary everyday, why do people want to go on a siteseeing drive during the morning & evening rush hour - nothing is more frustrating than someone just cruising down the road and talking at 30mph in a 45mph zone with a line of people behind them. Good for you that you don't have a job to get to but the rest of us you are holding up behind you do:evil::evil: Oh and even better, when you finally get to go the speed limit, someone just pulls out of a side road in front of you causing you to hit the breaks and proceeds down the road at 30mph, if you are in such a hurry to get on the road, then at least have the consideration to move once you are on it:evil: i cannot wait to end my daily commute to Cary, it cannot get here fast enough