Triple coupons at Lowe's Foods Wed - Fri up to 99¢

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by frugalmomoftwo, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Also goes by the User Name "frugalmomoftwo" on this thread. You could PM her.

2. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I think we did pretty well for us! There were a few things we just needed but had no coupons for. Bummer! We saved about 60%. We got a heck of a deal on Bumble Bee Tuna Filets. Unfortunately, LF is Clayton only had one kind. Maybe Garner has a better variety. The store was getting picked through last night, but I did see restocking going on.

3. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Jenn, how did you do this morning???

Bren

4. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Hi BenDover - If you have any questions about my book or workshops, just let me know: saving@smartspendingresources.com . There are many people on the 4042.com board who have taken the class, read the book and are now couponing very successfully, as you have seen from the posts.

Hugh and Jen - thanks for giving BD the info he requested!

Awesome savings Jen!!

Sounds like the Clayton Lowes did stock up again after all. I think I see another Lowes trip for me today. 8)

On one of my trips yesterday, they paid me $3.52 to take $45 in groceries! :shock: 8) :lol: Got to love these triples!

I find that one of the most fun aspects of triples (other than chatting with all the other couponers!) is when I see someone who is obviously not couponing and they have an item that I know I have a coupon for. When I give them my coupon and explain that they will get the item for free (or close to it) they are often speechless! It's a hoot - and counts as my random act of kindness for the day!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I ran into a bunch of people in the Clayton Lowes last night with binders(Hi Jen!) I think you have a real following Faye, LOL! I love saving money that is for sure! My second trip was also good, got $45 for $12, I will take it! I've got to figure out what I'm doing "wrong" that I'm not getting into the 80 & 90 % off category, maybe we just eat different things..................

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Ugh, not as well as I would have liked.

Total 47.21
    Spent 8.87
    Saved 38.34

It would have been cheaper, but there were 3 coupons that they wouldn't triple and they only doubled one of them. I was going to be late for work and didn't feel like arguing, so I let it go, but it kinda irked me. The Garner store can be a pain sometime. That would have cut the bill by almost $5, plus I bought one of those $4 cameras without a coupon simply because it was a great deal.

Oh, and as far as Lowe's in Clayton goes, I have it on good authority that they lied to whomever they told that they would not be getting another truck till Saturday. One comes in tonight.

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Oh, I forgot to mention.

I'm pretty much out of coupons, lol

If anyone has any of the following that they aren't going to use, I'd love to have them.

The .75 off for the complete Zataran's meal. I have fallen in love with the red beans, rice and sausage.

The warm delights (my dad is gonna love these)

Slim a bear (kid loves em)

Or if you just have some leftover you aren't going to use, I'll be glad to take that for ya as well, lol.

8. frugalmomoftwo

I am guessing we eat alot of the same things, but I didn't buy things other than coupon items yesterday - no produce, meat, etc. Today I am getting Boca products and some other items that will not be as inexpensive as yesterdays adventure so my totals will be higher.

I am also growing many of our veggies in our garden so my produce expenses are quite low this summer. We do not eat much meat (although I do have a london broil in the crockpot right now), and instead we eat more veggie meals that use the Boca sot meat substitute products (25 cents a box from the last triples) and veggies from the garden. Most of the condiments are free from doubling and tripling coupons. It's amazing how many ways you can prepare squash and zucchini! I could probably live on tomato and cuke sandwiches.

A good example of a frugal meal for us is the egg and cheese tortilla roll-ups that we ate yesterday. A dozen eggs were 59¢ with the Lowes Foods store coupon. We only used 8 for the meal. The tortillas were free yesterday with a 50 cent Mission coupon I got off of Ebay (the coupon was 10¢ so the tortillas were actually 10¢ plus tax), the cheese was 50¢ from a month ago when Borden was on sale at Lowes for $1.50 and I had 50 cent coupons that were doubled, the tomato and cucumber salad was free using veggies from the garden and free wish bone salad dressing from the last triples. The broccoli florets were $1 on sale at Lowes and the dessert was free from triples yesterday - Jello pudding pops - clearly the kids picked that dessert.

DH had Boca chicken in his tortilla instead of eggs which only added 10¢ to the meal.

Girls drank milk and DH and I had water to drink.

Total for the meal: less than $2.75 for a family of 4.

Tonights London Broil will also be very frugal. The 1 & 1/2 lbs of meat were free using a meat rebate found in one of the grocery stores about 2 months ago. I froze it when I got home and thawed it for this meal. The carrots were 50¢, the onoin was 30¢, the beef broth was free using coupons months ago, the sour cream was free using coupons yesterday, the no yolks egg noodles were free using coupons yesterday. The ingredients for the squash casserole cost me less than 75¢ (including cheese, soup, squash, crushed croutons). The mandarin orange slices were only 39¢ at Walgreens. The ice cream for dessert was only 45¢ for the 1/2 gallon of Breyers and onbviously we won't eat the whole container! The spices for the beef were minimal cost purchased at Walgreen for 33 cents a bottle on sale.

The girls will drink milk and Dh and I will probably have tea (free with coupons).

Total for full beef stroganoff meal for 4: $2.50 !

Enough rambling for now. Time to go to Lowes! :lol:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I think that's the difference, Frugal, I bought some Tide (with tripled coupon plus on sale) on my first trip plus some Dominos sugar, normally I get the Walmart brand because it's cheaper, but with the triple .30 cent coupon I had, it worked out to be slightly cheaper at Lowe's Foods. Second trip I got some Purina cat chow (with tripled coupon) cause goodness knows they can't eat the store brand cat food, LOL and another 5lb bag of sugar. My cabinets are bulging! Hubby keeps robbing me of my cheap London Broils to make beef jerky out of, but that's much more budget friendly than buying the pre-made jerky! :shock:

Thanks for the budget meal ideas though! Last night was a clean out the freezer night, some pre-made meatballs I bought at Sam's awhile ago with BBQ sauce over rice, plus some of those wonderful Pillsbury Oven Baked rolls. (Got some more of those last night too with tripled coupon)

10. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

Here I am at my mom's in Ohio, no triple coupons here :cry:

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I can relate to your pain Debyan! Back in May when they did triples at Lowes and HT, I was visiting my mom in FL.. it was killing me to read about everyone great deals!

12. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Clayton restocked? I went on Wed but they were already out of the bbq sauce, Fantastic, and Pillsbury breadsticks. I still did my best yet...

total 63.54
    paid 19.44

Would have done better but the boys wanted candy at the checkout :lol:

Thanks for letting us know the triples were coming! :D

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I ain't no Faye just yet... but I did get in a quick trip to the one here in Knightdale on my lunch hour... $53 for $21 and that included a nice steak to cookout over the weekend.

I will probably run to the one at Clayton after I get home from work so that I can get some of the cold or frozen stuff that I held off on at lunch.
    I got my coupons yesterday from Coupon Clippers and was heartbroken when I saw that I didn't get my Edy's Dibs coupons :cry: I can only figure that I forgot to add them to my basket on the website, because I got all the other coupons I ordered... but 1.99 with the Lowes Coupon isn't too bad to pick up a few more.

14. frugalmomoftwo

Although I still have groceries on my kitchen table I have not found room for, I did make time to total my savings! LOL!

Here are the numbers:

Subtotal before sales and coupons: $713.94
    Total paid: $ 58.61
    Savings: 93%

Yeah for triples!! I am stocked up on Boca burgers and ice cream. What else do we need?! LOL!

Thanks again to everyone who posted their good finds and info about the restocking. It really helped!

Faye