Triples at Harris Teeter

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by froggerplus, Apr 19, 2007.

1. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Hey now, don't spread that rumor! ;-)

2. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Sorry, didn't mean it like that Faye. You are just an all around good and genuine person.

3. frugalmomoftwo

I was just teasing! I know what you meant, Pattie.

Happy triples to all and to all a good shop! LOL.

4. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Yeah, and please leave something for those of us who can't get there during the day!

On a side note, I have a bazillion coupons now. Anyone want them?

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I agree...save some for us!!

6. FamilyOfFive

FamilyOfFive Well-Known Member

I got to the Kings Grant store at about 8:30... it was flooded with smartspenders! There were only 2 things on my list that were out (Activa cottage cheese and can't think of the other) but the shelves were clearing out fast. I did 2 shops but my second one was only for maybe 6 items. I did notice the Red Baron singles were gone (there was a .75 coupon recently) and the Hot Pocket Calzones were about gone (also a .75 coupon). The concentrated Wisk was gone... the Snyders pretzel pieces were just about gone...
    Just wanted to give you a headsup in case those things were on your list. I know Faye said they would be restocking tonight so hopefully those items will be restocked.

Julie

7. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Dang on the Snyders............Wait for me!!!!

8. FamilyOfFive

FamilyOfFive Well-Known Member

Yeah the Snyders being wiped out was pretty disappointing cuz they were on sale 2/$4 plus the .75 coupon tripled... there was one bag of hot buffalo flavor and about 6 bags of Jalepeno left and that was it... I had my heart set on the Cheddar ones... :( maybe they'll restock them or maybe another store has more...

9. PirateGirl

The HT on 401 had a ton of cheddar ones. I got 2 bags of that kind and 1 bag of jalapeno.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Dern ya'll!! There wasn't any of the Kraft dressing left! There was some of the Snyders Pretzel bites that were on sale for 2/$4 with the 75 cent coupons. I am not sure of the name of the HT, but it was they one at the intersection of 401 & 50. I spent $25 but saved $48 and got several things that did not have a coupon (but were on sale!) The KC Masterpiece BBQ is on sale for 2/$3, there is a $1 internet coupon out there right now, glad to get it for 50 cents! There weren't any of the Lipton sides left though, hope they re-stock. :-( Bout forgot the Popsicles, they are on sale for 2/$4, there is a 55 cent off coupon from last Sunday's paper too. Happy Shopping!

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I was at the 401 store about 12:30 ish...shelves were pretty much restocked.

Still managed to blow $145.00
    But I had to buy beer and cigs. :mrgreen:

12. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

Has anyone else ever heard of a 5-visit limit per day? My wife and I made several trips to HT for triples today, and we were making one more round tonight in Cary. The register beeped when the cashier scanned my VIC card, and she said I used it too many times today. She said it only allows 5 visits per day. I tried my wife's card (which has a different number and had not been used today), and it still rejected it. Apparently they've linked our cards together in their computer system (either by address or name matching, or for the fact that the same credit card has been used with both VIC cards). Luckily, the cashier let me sign up for a new card, and used that. (It was an easy choice for her when I asked "can I sign up for a new card, or am I going to have to abandon two shopping carts full of items?")

The funny thing is that none of the previous trips today were at that Cary store, and one of those transactions at the other store was just for a bottle of water (with no coupons used on that transaction).

Anyway, I had never heard of that limit before, so I thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

13. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Yes, I am pretty sure Frugal said it has always been like that. I have never had it happen, so I guess I have never gone 6 times?

Some stores were limiting shoppers to one trip/20 coupons per 24 hours!!

14. PirateGirl

Yep...the signs at the 401 store said 1 trip per person per 24 hours. Both my niece and I used my card and we went 2 times each both today and Friday and had no problems.

15. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

Oh, I had never seen that limit (5 visits per 24 hours). The funny part is that one of those "visits" didn't involve any coupons. So, I wonder if I went to HT 5 times one day, and didn't use any coupons, if the register would still lock me out.

16. frugalmomoftwo

Yes, it would still lock you out even if you only bought one item with no coupons each of those 5 transations. As ljk confirmed, there is a 5 trsansactions per day limit and then your VIC card will beep and not allow more.

Lowe's Foods does not have a limit and allows unlimited trips on the same Lowe's Rewards Card.

Hope you all had fun this weekend! Hubby was out of town until this afternoon so I had both girls with me for every shop this weekend. Needless to say, I did not get anywhere close to 5 per day - they would have whinned me into oblivion!! I did well with the 7 transactions I did since Friday, though. We will have Popcicles to last most of the summer! LOL.
    Faye

17. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

DH, Clone of DH & I made 3 shops on Friday afternoon before we went out of town for the w/e. We found many great deals at the F-V store but the free after 3x Q's were LONG GONE! We did restock the larder and have great special items on hand too.

Thanks Harris Teeter!

18. PirateGirl

I must say, I am really impressed at how the 401 store restocked through triples. Lowe's needs to take notice. :)

19. frugalmomoftwo

I so agree with you PG. I spoke with the manager Derek (a very very nice man), a number of times before triples started and warned him there would be MANY couponers at that store. I gave him my list of good deals and they had made one themselves as well so they knew what products would go fast.

Derek also said that all the couponers were very polite and there were really no issues with complaining. For those of you who had a good experience, I encourage all of you to call corporate and compliment the store and any individuals who helped you. It really helps the stores and the managers are very appreciative.

The Lowe's in Garner was on the ball at the last Lowe's triples. They had help from another couponer as well who gave them her good deals list before the sale so they were better stocked than other Lowe's in the area.

Faye :)

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I SO wanted to go back Sat or Sun, but never had the time.................:cry:
    I had fun Friday night though, would have loved to do more than one shop, but didn't try since they had their sign up that said only one triple shop per day.

Hopefully Lowe's will triple soon, keeping my fingers crossed!