Triples - Lowe's Foods Wed-Fri!

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by frugalmomoftwo, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Ho Ho Ho! Santa comes on Wed. w/ 3x at Lowes!!
    Yipppiiieee!!!

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Everyone must be at LF saving a bunch of $$ and cleaning off the shelves before I get there! :lol:

No worries it happens every time :cry:

3. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

I was at the Clayton store at 6:00 am so I could get home before hubby needed to leave for work. I wanted a little time to shop without the kids and instead I had even more excitement than I bargained for. The fire alarm went off at 6:45 and the fire dept came, evacuated the store and checked it out. Something went off in the bakery and triggered the alarm and the bakery sprinklers. We were allowed back in the store about 10 minutes later, though. It was pretty strange.

My totals for this morning:

Subtotal before sales/coupons: $125
    Total paid: $6.08

Savings: 95% :D

Good buys with coupons:
    Creme savers
    Gogurt
    Daisy Sour Cream
    Borden Cheese
    Steamfresh veggies
    White house apple sauce
    Swiss Miss hot choc
    Welch's grape juice
    Sorrento cheese sticks
    pet ice cream
    Deboles pasta
    Viva paper towels

***Heads up***: The register was not doubling coupons over 60 cents and it did not accept the triple code when the cashier entered it. Soooooo - watch the register as the coupons ring and make sure they manually correct any errors.

Happy shopping!

Faye

4. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

OK... I'm used to being the only man walking through a store with a binder in the cart and a handful of coupons, but a comment I got this morning beat everything.

The register rings up to about 40 bucks, and then the 20 coupons brings it down to about 5 bucks, and the cashier looked at me and said "Wow, that's really good. Do you do that by yourself or did the ladies help you out?"

If I were a sensitive person, I guess I could have been offended. But boy, I don't think she realized how funny that comment was...

5. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Great. Just reading now :(. I can't go shopping until Friday. Think they'll restock by then?

Frugal, remind me, what if they're out of something I want? What can I do?

Thanks!
    Frogger

6. harleygirl

Tell them you are on the 4042 board and you know EVERYBODY!!! :lol:

I didn't go today b/c myFIL is in town and he normallybuys! :lol: nite nite!

7. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

The manager at the Garner store was really nice today. He was asking me what he should order lots of for us 'die hards'. He said he doesnt restock until Thursday night so whatever they are out of tonight will not be back until Friday.

Was any one else there this am when they had to close ALL the registers? They tried to tell me my coupons didnt triple because there must be a limit to once per day!!! (and she said, because you know there are some people who come through 5 times!) :oops: But they worked it all out and I did my 5 trips.

8. harleygirl

5 TRIPS???

WOMAN! I have not even made it out yet! :cry:
    planning on tomorrow after CB! :wink:

9. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I have 2 more to go and this is a light round. Last Triples I went 10-12 times!!

My sister is a teacher (In Winston Salem) and one of her students' family had a house fire and lost everything, so I am getting all the food I can to donate. I dont know how much Bisquick one family can use, but... :wink:

Good luck everyone!

10. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

DH, DS & I made our 3 rounds at the Clayton store tonight. Yipppiieee, found 90+% of the thing we were looking for.
    We did notice more than a FEW NOT a DEAL even w/ 3X coupons items. Dang it!

Still - saved a HUGH AMOUNT!!!

AND

E-Bay is having a .15 Listing Day NOW (remember they are on West Coast time - deal open till our 3am!)
    List Baby List!

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

How much? :D

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm going today, hope there is still some stuff left! :D

13. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

LOL

Man I'm gonna miss triples this time around. :( Don't need anything, grocery shopping was done already. Boohoo!

Frugal, I told DH how much you saved, and he almost fell over. LOL I told him I really need to hire you to do our shopping! lol

14. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I may not do triples either........

I'm just not in the mood for it, if that makes sense at all?

Maybe I can just give my binder to FMO2 and let her do it for me?? LOL

15. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

most of my coupons are expired :(

16. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

ljk, you have got to be the one I was talking to in line yesterday morning. I was there (in Garner) when the registers weren't working too. I was also there when the manager came up and started making a list. Were you by chance talking with someone about how our kids didn't like what we got them for Christmas? :lol:

Bren

17. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Yes!!! Girls and coats right? That was me!! Nice to meet you!

Someone else told me when that happend to them they got a voucher for a few dollars off their next order... that would have been nice.

(I have a chihuahua just like the one on your avatar.)

18. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Yep, girls and coats!! Too funny!! It's nice to meet you too!

I was back in there today for a couple of trips at lunch. Luckily I was able to find everything I needed. They really did have the store stocked pretty good this time. Do you have your totals yet???

By the way, my chihuahua (she's 6 pounds) is my baby. She is mean as a snake and spoiled rotten. She will eat you up if I'm holding her and someone tries to get close to me. My kids hate her because of it. (they're just jealous) :lol:

Bren

19. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

20. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

Well I went in this afternoon with my g-baby, g-son and g-daughter, (school break ya gotta love it) and totaled 81 and paid 18. I thought that was pretty good with all the distractions I had :lol: