Triples - Lowe's Foods Wed-Fri!

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by frugalmomoftwo, Dec 22, 2006.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

How Cool, two of my favorite people i have met have met IRL :D Gotta love Faye for bringing so many of us together :D

2. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

I just want to thank you guys for the heads up about triple this week. I have been checking out this forum a little cause I'm always interested in saving a little bit of money. I went last night and saved $70 on my 2 trips through the Garner store. Me and my friend were there at 11pm.
    I am very interested in these binders you all keep talking about, I've seen people with them before, and I think I need one for myself. I spent way too much time sorting through coupons in the store.
    Thanks again for the heads up!!!

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I got most everything I went after tonight, as someone else posted, there wasn't really a whole lot on sale that I had coupons for, so I "only" saved about 70% tonight. Not as good as Faye, but I'll take it! The Borden shredded cheese is probably the best deal, those ended up being free because they are on sale for 3 for $4.98 and I had 3 of the .70 cent off coupons. I also got some of the Coffeemate liquid coffee creamer, 2 small ones (free after coupon) and one large one for .95 after coupon. So I guess I'm just making the one trip this time!

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

PM frugalmomoftwo She teaches a class on couponing and also can set you up with these binders. I went to a class with my wife and although we don't invest much time to it, we do save quite a bit.

5. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

LoL Faye, my little one is 9 years old now....I don't know how trainable she would be. She's really a sweet little dog, only it's just towards me.

6. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Awww, you're so sweet Kaci!! Guess that's why we all love you on here. I agree, because of Faye I have met several new people who are all so nice. And to think, it all started at the class we took.

Thanks Faye!!!

Bren

7. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

The class is definitely worth your time! Yes, you can learn this on your own but taking the class will give you a big jump start to save more money.

8. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Waiting for the mail. Hoping the coupons I ordered and were mailed Tues. will arrive today.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I finally went today!
    Spent $57.73
    Saved $36.49

Next total:
    Spent $27.56
    Saved $16.50

This was batteries and trash bags

10. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Yahoo :D ... my coupons arrived. Will be heading out later this afternoon to see if any of these items are still available.

11. harleygirl

From what I have found...the last day is the best to go. The have restocked.
    Normally I go the first day that morning and #1 there are 90 million people in there and #2 nothing is left!
    So this time I decided to take my chances and I was like the only person in the store! I LOVED IT!!!!

Have fun!

12. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I just got home from the Timber Drive store, they are re-stocking like crazy. I found everything I was looking for except 1 item (Glass Plus). Went through the store 2 times and saved about $55! Woo-hoo! (Now I have to get one of those binders.) Kaci, you are right, that is a nice store, the produce looks wonderful, and the fish/seafood dept. is great.

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Glad you liked it - Timber Dr. was the first one i started going to down this way and when i went to the Clayton store it just seemed so much smaller and less selection that the Timber Dr store and given that i am a seafood fanatic the Timber Dr. Seafood Dept was a lot better. No offense to you guys that love the Clayton store - the seafood is just the determining factor for me :)

14. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

I don't know how you do it! I can only manage to save, maybe 20 to 40 percent on average. Are all your coupons 75 cents or greater?

15. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Went to the Timber Dr. store around 2:30 this afternoon and did two shops with my children. My 6.5 year old is really getting into coupons. She shopped three times with me over the last few days and was excited to do so. She loved having her own cart and envelope for 'her' coupons. Today she said "it's like you are giving me money" when I handed her coupons to put in her envelope. At the register she eagerly gave 'her' coupons to the cashier.

The Timber store had most items restocked ... not aqua fresh or suave body wash. I had every intention of running to Cary tonight to see if they had restocked but that intention is fading. My 6.5 year old was even trying to convince me to go since today is the last day for the "coupon sale". :lol:

I am happy to have done 8 shops and got some gret deals ... Jif for $.30, Viva paper towels $.19 (wish I had ordered more than 5 coupons), pancake mix for $.34, yougurt about $.25, many freebies and so much more. We're pretty much stocked on most needs until the next triples.

Those who don't coupon shop just don't know what they are missing:!:

16. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Great job on everyone's shopping totals! It was lots of fun seeing all the couponers. And I, too, have made many friends through couponing and have enjoyed meeting you all!

I shopped on Wednesday first thing in the morning (there was actually a problem in the bakery and the fire dept came and evacuated everyone at 6:45 am!). First thing on the first day of triples is the best time to go. You are virtually guaranteed to find everything you want. If you wait until 9 or 10 on the first day, there are many more people shopping, as HG pointed out. I also shopped Thursday evening at Clayton and still found everything I wanted, surprisingly. Both Garner and Clayton were much better stocked for this triples than I have seen in a long time. Kudos to both stores!

Here are my totals for this triples adventure:

Total before sales and coupons: $ 443.07
    Total saved: $414.54
    Total spent: $28.53
    Total % saved: 94%

I did use many coupons that were .75 cents as well as a number of other coupons that, when used with sales, resulted in free items. One example is the Steamfresh frozen veggies, which we really like. They were on sale for $1 and I had 35 cent coupons from the blinkies at Food Lion. The bar codes all started with a 5 so they tripled and the product ended up being free. I had a number of these coupons, so lots of free broccoli and corn.

Another example was the Borden shredded cheese. With the 70 cent coupons I ordered from thecouponclippers and ebay a couple weeks ago (paid 5-10 per coupon), the product was free with the tripling and sale price. Actually there was an overage which ended up allowing me to have a negative balance on one of my totals. I also had a number of coupons that I received directly from the manufacturer's because I e-mailed them, complimented them on a specific product we use and politely asked if they had any coupons they could send. Over 75% of the companies I have contacted have sent me coupons, many for free items. Swiss Miss sent coupons for 50 cents off any hot chocolate mix. The box of milk chocolate hot chocolate was on sale and with the coupon ended up being free. Smuckers sent a coupon for any FREE item up to $3. Dannon sent 4 coupons for FREE items and free t-shirt!

I recommend e-mailing 3-5 companies a week to request coupons for the products you use. You will be very pleasantly surprised at the number of very useful coupons you receive without having to pay anything or wait for them to come out in the Sunday paper.

I also was well stocked on the good coupons that have come out recently for the products we use. I get multiples from many different sources and I wait patiently until there is a good sale, BOGO or triples and them I swoop in for the deal. Although Lowe's had lots of store brand items on sale this time and not as many national brand items, I was still able to do well because I had a good coupon inventory and only purchased those things that were a good buy. And, lest you all think I spend 5 hours each week looking for coupons, I do not. Lately I have had very little time to focus on couponing, but I place my weekly coupon order with at least one coupon cutting service or ebay vendor and I look at the blinkies and product displays each time I am in a store. Doesn't take much time, but it definitely works.

Again congrats to everyone who found good buys. Fingers crossed that Harris Teeter will offer triples in early January!

17. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

:shock: Holy Camoli! When is your next class again?!?! Looks like I need one of those binders too!!

18. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Dang, I totally missed triples this time. How did I miss em?

ugh............

19. grysunshine

grysunshine Well-Known Member

missed it also...kicking myself...

20. harleygirl

Ya'll have to check the board more often! Triples coming to HT on Friday! See Thread below!:cool: