Tropical Storm Party?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by certdude, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I believe you are correct and I sent the office a heads up this morning.

I hope your family remains safe!

Sherry A. likes this.
  2. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

"hurricane proof" things are normally designed to withstand upto a Cat 3. There was a good discussion I read on another message board yesterday about this, that folks in FL are having issues changing mindsets due to this.

Theres a lot of technical weather folks, that arnt discussing this any more in hurricane force, but in tornado force, for exactly that reason. Its been compared quite often past 2 days to F3 and now F4 tornadoes.

3. certdude

State of Emergency since 8am this morning.

Lots of stores are having run on water. Remember JoCo didn't have drinking water for a week (and some areas had no water) after Matthew. Stock up accordingly. Expect supply shortages well after Irma due to the wide area of expected impact (FL all the way to NC and possibly further north). Matthew was relatively a lot less area affected (NC,SC, little bit of GA).

Even though track is still uncertain, most of NC is expected to have some impact due to this. Please take note of how large this storm is, not just how strong it is.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Clients cancelled Jacksonville and Miami work for next week, yeah! But can you believe the airlines charged a $200 change fee.

Sherry A. likes this.
  5. certdude

Was it a change fee or a cancel fee? They still want you to fly, just not this week.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Change fee,

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member