Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Apr 15, 2013.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ect-his-brother-on-loose-after-firefight?lite

With a bomb strapped to his chest, one of the Boston Marathon suspects was killed early Friday after he and his accomplice brother robbed a 7-Eleven, shot a police officer to death, carjacked an SUV and hurled explosives in an extraordinary firefight with law enforcement, authorities told NBC News.

The second suspect — the one in the white hat in photos released by the FBI — was on the loose. Gov. Deval Patrick ordered the entire city of Boston and some suburbs to stay inside during what he called a “massive manhunt,” and police began a house-to-house search. Boston shut down its buses and subway system.

The suspects are brothers of Chechen origin with the last name Tsarnaev, law enforcement officials told NBC News. The suspect at large, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, is 19, was born in Kyrgyzstan and has a Massachusetts driver’s license, they said. The dead suspect was identified as Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, born in Russia.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev was run over by a vehicle during the firefight, law enforcement officials told NBC News. Law enforcement officials also told NBC News that the brothers entered the United States with family in 2002 or 2003, and that Tamerlan Tsarnaev became a legal permanent resident in 2007.

2. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

I do apologize for my recent grumpiness. Lousy day at work, and all that.

3. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

They have him surrounded, hopefully he'll be dead.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

5. C me Now BMM

Ok, where does this one come into play here?

6. Sherry A.

Still at large:

[​IMG]

7. C me Now BMM

Not for long...his life on earth is down to minutes.. this idiot is actively on social media as this unfolds, saying he will kill more as they have killed his brother...

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

From what I read they believe he is still somewhere in the Boston area. Dont know if I would classify that as surrounded. Is there more?

9. C me Now BMM

They believe they have him pinned down right now in watertown

10. Sherry A.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...r-the-loose/UAbtwLVGLwBE5VI7BUyQuL/story.html

A massive manhunt is underway this morning in Boston and several surrounding communities for one of the suspects in the Boston Marathon terror bombing attacks. A second suspect has died in a confrontation with police, while one police officer has been killed and another has been seriously wounded.

At 8:45 a.m., a SWAT team and armored car had been summoned and police were surrounding a home and a car near an intersection in Watertown, the community that officials said is the focus of their search.

“They’re pointed across the street. Guns are pointed across the street. There have been hundreds of cops here throughout the day,” said Natalie, a resident of Willow Park, who declined to give her last name.

Governor Deval Patrick asked people who live in the entire city of Boston, as well as the nearby communities of Watertown, Waltham, Newton, Belmont, Cambridge, to “shelter in place” — stay inside and not open their doors to anyone, except police with proper identification.

The search has also led to the sudden shutdown of the MBTA’s entire network of commuter rail, bus, and subway services. Taxi service was shut down. And officials requested businesses across the area not to open this morning.

“This is a serious situation. We’re taking it seriously,” Patrick said at an 8 a.m. media briefing in Watertown.

11. Sherry A.

The police are not sure if he is actively on social media or it is someone he knows. I'm sure they'll figure it out any time now.

Sherry

12. C me Now BMM

my thoughts are he is in this bldg dead, but has the place wired w/ explosives to take out as many as he can if they storm the place.. they will probably use robots of some sort to enter the place. all speculation on my part.. I have no inside sources there.

13. Sherry A.

Middlesex DA: MIT police officer killed in confrontation with Boston suspects was Sean Collier, 26, of Somerville, MA

[​IMG]

14. Sherry A.

Timeline information on link below and pasted below:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/04/live-updates-boston-bombing-suspect-dead-in-shootout/

10:31 a.m. ET: A gray Honda believed to have been used by suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been recovered in Boston.

10:25 a.m. ET: Students at UMass Dartmouth are being evacuated from their dorms, following confirmation that suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, lived in the Pinedale residence hall.

10:24 a.m. ET: Law enforcement officials confirm that suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, was born in Kyrgyzstan and is of Chechen ethnicity. His family lives in the restive Dagestan region of Russia.

10:13 a.m. ET: FBI posts electronic wanted posters, digital billboards throughout Boston area with information about suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

10: 11 a.m. ET: Connecticut State Police put out bulletin for vehicle suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev may be driving. The car is described as a gray Honda CRV with license plate: 316 ES9.

9:51 a.m. ET: The father of suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev advises the 19-year-old to “surrender peacefully. Give up, give in and come home.” Anzor Tsarnaev, who lives in the restive Dagestan region of Russia, told ABC News that if Tsarnaev is killed, “all hell will break loose.”

WATCH: Boston Suspect on Run Could Have Suicide Vest, Trigger: Police Scanner

9:43 a.m ET: The MIT police officer killed in a shootout with bombing suspects Thursday night has been identified as Sean Collier, 26, of Somerville, Mass.

WATCH: Bombing Suspects’ Bullet-Riddled SUV: Exclusive

9:39 a.m. ET: The father of the two Boston bombing suspects tells ABC News he spoke to one son Thursday to ask whether they were safe after the marathon incident. “Everything is good daddy, everything is very good,” one of the sons told his father, making no indication they were involved.

9:29 a.m. ET: People who went to school with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, in Cambridge, Mass., describe the bombing suspect to ABC News as “real cool” and “nice.”

8:49 a.m. ET: Heavily armed police appear to have descended on a location in Watertown, Mass.

gty boston swat police manhunt suspect thg 130419 wblog LIVE UPDATES: Police Descend on Mass. Town in Hunt for Bombing Suspect

8:37 a.m. ET: The Boston bombing suspects are believed to be brothers from Russia and of Chechen ethnicity, law enforcement authorities tell ABC News. At least one of the brothers is a legal permanent resident in the United States, according to sources.

The brothers are believed to have spent time in Kyrgyzstan.

8:23 a.m. ET: All taxi service has been suspended in Boston, police say.

ap Wanted poster dzhokhar tsarnaev thg 130419 vblog LIVE UPDATES: Police Descend on Mass. Town in Hunt for Bombing Suspect

8:19 a.m. ET: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, the suspect whom authorities continue to search for, is believed to have assault rifles and an assortment of other weapons, including bombs, law enforcement authorities tell ABC News. Police are concerned he might try to take hostages and is prepared to die in a confrontation with authorities.

8:03 a.m. ET: Police tell residents of Boston and surrounding suburbs to “shelter in place,” placing a major city essentially on lockdown.

8:00 a.m. ET: Gov. Deval Patrick tells residents of Boston and surrounding towns not to open door for anyone other than a uniformed police officer, as manhunt continues.

#CommunityAlert: Door-to-door search 4 suspect in Watertown continues. Uniformed officers searching. Community consent critical.

— Boston Police Dept. (@Boston_Police) April 19, 2013

7:25 a.m. ET: Authorities identify Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, as the surviving bombing suspect, whom they are looking form. Tsarnaev was initially called Suspect 2 by police.

7:20 a.m ET: Police shut down Cambridge, Mass., street and search home believed to be where suspect lives.

PHOTOS: Boston PD on the Hunt for Alleged Bomber

6:50 a.m. ET: The suspects are believed to be foreign nationals, living legally in the United States for at least two years, according to federal sources.

In a shootout with police, the suspects were throwing grenades. Based on the way they engaged police, authorities believe they have some paramilitary training.

At least one pressure cooker was found at the scene of the shootout, sources said.

6:35 a.m. ET: All Boston public schools are cancelled for the day.

6:30 a.m. ET: SWAT officers descend on Watertown, Mass., and surrounding areas. Boston-area universities are on lockdown and have cancelled classes.

6:20 a.m. ET: “We believe this is a terrorist. We believe this is a man who’s come here to kill people,” said Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis, about Suspect 2, who remains at large.

#CommunityAlert: Search for armed suspect continues in Watertown. Residents reminded to remain indoors. All vehicle traffic suspended.

— Boston Police Dept. (@Boston_Police) April 19, 2013

6:06 a.m. ET: Harvard University is closed because of public safety concerns, according to its Twitter account.

5:58 a.m. ET: “We believe these are the same individuals that were responsible for the bombing on Monday at the Boston Marathon. We believe they’re responsible for the death of an MIT police officer and the shooting of an MBTA police officer. This is a very serious situation that we’re dealing with,” police said.

1 Boston Bombing Marathon Suspect Dead, 1 ‘Armed and Dangerous,’ Police Say

5:55 a.m. ET: ABC News has obtained footage of the gunfight that took place in Watertown early this morning. Police said “suspect number 1″ was killed in this shootout.
    abc boston bombing suspects 3 nt 130418 wblog LIVE UPDATES: Police Descend on Mass. Town in Hunt for Bombing Suspect

The man FBI are calling "Suspect 1," on the right in the black cap is dead, according to police. "Suspect 2," in the white hat remains on the run from authorities.

5:45 a.m. ET: Subways and buses suspended until further notice in Boston, according to the Office of Constituent Engagement. Official said, “this situation is grave.” Residents asked to stay indoors.

5:36 a.m. ET: Patient believed to be Boston Marathon suspect at Beth Israel Hospital died from a combination of blast and gunshot wounds, a doctor said at a news conference. Doctors and hospital officials say they don’t have any information on the identity of deceased patient.

Early this morning one suspect in this week’s deadly Boston Marathon bombing was killed in a shootout with police in Watertown, Mass. Police said “suspect number 2″ is on the loose and is armed and dangerous. “Suspect 2″ is the target of an “active search by tactical teams,” police said.

Police also released a new image of “suspect number 2,” which they said was taken from a local 7-11 in Cambridge, Mass., Thursday night.

The Monday bombing near the finish line of the Boston Marathon killed three people and injured more than 170. Thursday evening the FBI released images of the two suspects in the case.

15. Sherry A.

Gotta love Adam Sandler:

"Boston is the only major city that if you f@@@ with them, they will shut down the whole city...stop everything....and find you!"

16. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

We are from the PA Dutch country, moved here 6 years ago. Sorry I took your comment so personally; it can be hurtful when one of the "older generation" southerners glare at us like we committed a crime. I am thinking maybe "transplants" that have been here longer have become cynical and rude, thinking they paid their dues and are entitled somehow. I am such a big "people" person and like to think I can get along with everyone. So it guess it takes me by surprise when I encounter unfriendliness from anyone,wondering what I said or did wrong. Because I'm a "Yankee"? We need to move forward. :chillpill:

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

From Jayski

Brother of HMS Machinist killed in Cambridge: Hendrick Motorsports Statement: The thoughts and prayers of everyone at Hendrick Motorsports are with Andrew Collier and his family. Andrew, a machinist in the Hendrick Motorsports engine department, tragically lost his brother, Officer Sean Collier, last night in Cambridge, Mass. We ask that the family's privacy be considered during this difficult time. Andrew, 25, joined Hendrick Motorsports in September 2008.(HMS)(4-19-2013)

18. Sherry A.

19. Sherry A.

The order to stay indoors in Boston has been lifted.

Sherry

20. Sherry A.