Updates from you expectant Parents

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Southernborn, Jan 2, 2007.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Well I thought so too, but I was reading on the internet that you can lose your plug weeks before you give birth, and when I called the nurse, she didn't seem concerned at all. Asked me if I was contracting, or if my water had broken, and when I said no, told me to carry on as normal.

I hate waiting! :twisted:

2. Beezor

Beezor Well-Known Member

Hang in there girl! Not much longer!!! Just remember, they are easier to take care of in your belly than out! LOL
    Good luck and maybe it will happen soon!

3. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

AMEN says the women who didn't sleep last night. :)

4. JenniferK

Friday morning, and I'm still pregnant!

And I didn't sleep last night either, lol.......

5. elims

elims Well-Known Member

You know it's gonna take you forever, since it took you forever to GET pregnant ... SOMEONE is trying to remind you to be careful what you wish and pray for! ;)

6. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

I told you that you are gonna have that baby on my birthday. Wasn't your first due date on the 12th?

7. JenniferK

You're probably right.

I'm just very anxious, and I hate waiting. And I want my body back. Okay, well maybe not my body, but definitely a body other than this one, lol......

8. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Ok ... I think today would be a great day for you to have a baby. See what they say about Friday babies "Friday's child is loving and giving". A Friday baby would fit right in with your family :)

Monday's child is fair of face,
    Tuesday's child is full of grace,
    Wednesday's child is full of woe,
    Thursday's child has far to go.
    Friday's child is loving and giving,
    Saturday's child works hard for a living,
    But the child born on the Sabbath Day,
    Is fair and wise and good and gay.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Don't feel alone Jenn, got a call last night from my neice in VA who was expecting her little "Grace Nicole" on the 3rd. She is still waiting and the dr told her yesterday he is going to let her wait till next Thursday before inducing if necessary. She is going just as crazy as you:lol:

10. Melynda

I know this is a little off subject - but I thought the expecting and new parents reading the thread might be interested in the article:

http://articles.news.aol.com/busine...t/20070104195809990016?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Most Infant Seats Flunk Crash Test
    ----------------------------------
    By JIM FITZGERALD, AP

YONKERS, N.Y. (Jan. 4) - Most of the infant car seats tested by Consumer Reports "failed disastrously" in crashes at speeds as low as 35 mph, the magazine reported Thursday.

The seats came off their bases or twisted in place, the report said. In one case, a test dummy was hurled 30 feet.

Of the 12 car seats tested, Consumer Reports said it could recommend only two, and it urged a federal recall of the poorest performing seat, the Evenflo Discovery.

Evenflo issued a statement disputing the tests' validity, saying, "The magazine's test conditions and protocols appear to conflict with the collective experience of car seat manufacturers, NHTSA (the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) and the scientific community."

To be sold in the United States, an infant seat must perform adequately in a 30 mph frontal crash, and Consumer Reports found that all but the Discovery did so. But it noted that NHTSA crash tests most cars at higher speeds - 35 mph for frontal crashes and 38 mph for side crashes - so the magazine tested the seats at those speeds.

"It's unconscionable that infant seats, which are designed to protect the most vulnerable children, aren't routinely tested the same as new cars," said Consumer Reports' Don Mays, a product safety director.

NHTSA Administrator Nicole Nason issued a statement saying: "We are always interested in making car seats better and safer but not more complicated and difficult for parents. ... We don't want consumers misled into thinking holding a child is better than putting it into a car seat."

Nine seats failed some or all of the higher-speed tests, Consumer Reports said, while meeting the federal 30 mph standard. Another seat was judged unacceptable because it did not fit well in several cars, the magazine said.

Messages seeking comment were left with the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association, a trade group.

The magazine tested the type of seat that faces the rear and snaps in and out of a base. It used test dummies weighing 22 or 30 pounds, depending on the seat manufacturers' claims.

In the 35 mph test, seats separated from their bases, rotated too far or would have inflicted grave injuries, Consumer Reports said. At 38 mph, four seats flew out of their bases, it said.

The only seats that passed all the tests were the Baby Trend Flex-Loc and the Graco SnugRide with EPS - expanded polystyrene foam - both selling for about $90. Consumer Reports urged parents shopping for seats to buy one of those two, but it also noted that "any child car seat is better than no seat at all."

It also said some seats performed better when attached by vehicle safety belts than when attached with the LATCH system. The system, which stands for Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children, includes belts that hook the base of a car seat to metal anchors in the vehicle.
    01/04/07 19:55 EST

11. JenniferK

Thanks for posting that. I saw it on WRAL the other night and already looked up our car seat. We're in the clear I do believe.

Saturday morning.....I'm still here. Although I didn't sleep worth a tucker's dam last night. I've got these constant pains in my pelvis. They last too long to be contractions, but they burn like cramps. Don't know what they are, but if they aren't going to be productive, sure wish they'd go away!

Happy Saturday!

12. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Haven't caught up on all the reading this morning, but surely hope you're in the hospital with a new baby today!!

Frogger

13. Melynda

Has anyone heard from JenniferS today? Any news on baby?

14. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

She posted under Random Thoughts, so unless she has a laptop in the delivery room, she is still pregnant. ;)

15. JenniferK

Sorry to disappoint you all, but I'm still here and still pregnant.....

Doc says if I am still pregnant in a week, he'll break my water for me (how nice of him), but he really thinks I'm going to go on my own. Well for the sake of all humanity, let's hope he's right. :p

16. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Shouldn't that be "sanity"?

<ducking>

MUAH!!
    Frogger

17. JenniferK

No, for the sake of all humanity, for the human race, particularly those members who have to be around me, lol.....

18. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Goody, if he breaks you water... you will BE in labor. But once it's broke, get ready! ;)

Did he strip you again?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Amen sista;) :lol:

20. whodathunkitya'll

whodathunkitya'll Active Member

Can I join in? I'm almost 32 weeks with my 4th baby. We like surprises so we don't know the gender. I'm due March 8th.

Anyone else around 32 weeks?