Uterine Ablation

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Aug 7, 2012.

1. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

lol i almost spit my soda out! .......

(BYW...count me out, I'm spayed and loving it)

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

My tubes are tied as well. Has nothing to do with this procedure. Unless of course you've had your uterus removed. :mrgreen:

3. lori-beth

lori-beth Well-Known Member

I had considered it a few years ago but there is one thing that kept me away from it. After menopause the most common sign of uterine cancer is post menopausal bleeding, after ablation that won't happen and by the time the cancer is found it would be very far along. I held out for a few more years and nature took its course and ended the problems.

4. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

i had it done and it didnt work for me :( insurance covered mine. I am now on the last step to solve my problems :(

5. KellBell

link to this information please?

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

While I don't have a link, this is what happened to my Mom .. she started bleeding post-menopause and it led to finding uterine cancer. I don't know if they could have detected it otherwise, she wasn't having any other issues or symptoms.

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Don't they screen for that at your yearly checkups though?

8. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

This procedure doesn't make all "signs" of your time of the month go away for all people. For a percentage it takes it completely away but not everyone. I had this done several years before my hysto and I still had my monthly just not as heavy.

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure, I'll have to ask her next time I talk to her. I know she had a LARGE mass that had been there awhile, she'd been ignoring the menstrual spotting chalking it up to a 'feature' of being post-menopausal, until it got worse .. I'll ask her how it went undetected by routine checkups.

10. KellBell

didn't take mine away completely either. but it beats the heck outta being a slave to feminine products for 6 days a month and being able to leave the house. :mrgreen:

11. KellBell

so she didn't go yearly? :confused:

I would love to know more information, if you can find out.

12. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

my doctor checked and if anything came up like cancer or anything else they would have to do a hysterectomy

13. lori-beth

lori-beth Well-Known Member

once into your forties they do not do a pap smear every year with your gyn exam. yes they do a pelvic but not a pap. when my doctor and I discussed the ablation I brought up the post menopausal bleeding sign and she then said that it could be a problem. she did not offer that info until I brought it up and I only knew about it because I work in the medical field. as for a link just google post men bleeding or symptoms of uterine cancer. I've spent the past 30 years in the medical field and it's amazes me what people don't know about their bodies.

14. KellBell

I am far from "post menopause" and I get a pap EVERY year (it's still my choice, and yes I am over 40).

I had this procedure done when I was 35 and it was the best thing I ever did.

15. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

HEY!!! This was my name in college!

16. KellBell

:lol: