VA health care enrollment in Smithfield

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KDsGrandma, Jan 26, 2011.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

This wasn't for DH, this was the gentlemen in line infront of us and what I thought I was gathering from the conversation he was having with one of the assistants there.

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I understood that, Tas. I wish that they'd have been better staffed and prepared. They vastly underestimated the need. Was good seeing you for the 4 seconds..LOL Holler next Miller Time....

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It was good to see you too!!

4. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

So in lieu of saying, "We need to get our veterans better care for their service." You'd rather use it's poor state for political reference. Thanks for your service!!

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

On the contrary. I would love nothing more than to see our VA hospitals improved....but it doesn't take away the fact they are a clear example of government ran health care and why we shouldn't want more of it.

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

VA is the best run healthcare for the government investment. Your point that it is poorly run, completely dismisses the fact that many of us seek enrollment and eligibility for it.

While it may not compare to the care provided to those at the upper end of the scale, it's certainly better than nothing. And, for many of the chronic diseases that strike us, early intervention significantly reduces morbidity and mortality, which is significantly less expensive that not providing intervention.

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Yea and eating trash out of a dumpster is better than starving....but it doesn't make it taste any better.

My brother in law, who fought in Iraq, recently got a severe case of the flu and decided to go down to the VA. Five hours later, after waiting in the lobby, he got up and left.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

More than likely he would have waited longer than that at a regular ER. The one complaint I have about any of the health care be it VA, regular ER, or sick call in the military is that there are too many people in there for stupid crap that would be better off going to the drug store for something OTC and sucking it up.