Virus :(

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by zookeeper, Mar 21, 2010.

1. impressive

2. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

Impressive on the network side. You still have no idea about clients. SEP11 and Nod32 are not enough to clean an infected machine. Linux is free. Does that make it unprofessional? Instead of beating a dead horse, why don't you try getting off of your high horse?

3. FoxChassis

FoxChassis Well-Known Member

Malwarebytes is *free* if you want to do scans and updates manually. If you pony up the dough for the *full* version, you get "real-time" protection and scheduled scans and updates.

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

High Horse? I haven't stepped up to a horse yet. In a production environment free doesn't cut it. CA, SEP11, and NOD32 are THE top three for a working production environment. I am just saying that those who try to cut cost by using free ware in a production environment really has no clue about fundamental security concepts, sixsigma design, and production.

I can get on a high horse if needed. Let me know if you are up for that.

5. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

Malwarebytes is not free in a production environment. It is free for non-commercial use. I have not said anywhere in this thread that you should only have Malwarebytes installed. I have said that in addition to your regular antivirus program, download and install Malwarebytes.

Freeware or Opensource has its place in all environments. Microsoft makes free office viewer programs that many people use. Adobe Acrobat reader is free, and i bet its installed on even some of your PCs. Linux is free. Java is free. The list goes on...

CA, SEP11, and NOD32 are good AV clients, but they do not catch and clean everything. We use SEP at work, and yet i still have had to clean machines with other tools - like Malwarebytes.

6. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

7. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

8. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

We implement group policy which will prevent downloading of freeware. We filter internet sites with bluecoat to prevent unwanted warez and sites that promote dangerous software. I urge you to visit group policy and its advantages.