Voter registeration card

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Grammie, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

My DH and I are registered voters my question is: the guys he works with told him they got new vr cards in the mail, we didn't get any. Will we be okay to vote or is there something we need to do? TIA

2. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

Voter registration cards are for your convenience. They're not required. Just show up at the correct polling station and state your name (and they may ask something else to make sure they've got the right person, like your address, affiliation, or something like that), but you don't need to actually have anything with you.

3. BEEBSLY9

BEEBSLY9 Active Member

How do we find out which is our voting location if we do not have a card?

4. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I highly recommend you call the registrar's office to confirm where you vote. Just because you vote at one location one time doesn't mean it's the same the next time. At least that's what happened to me. I waited in line for over an hour and was told when I got to the front that it wasn't my voting station now.

5. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Quality idea.

You can actually go to the WEBSITE, if you know the address where you last registered.

However in NC you can actually vote in any precinct (in your county). It's called a "Provisional Ballot".
    http://ncvoterinfo.org/?page_id=10

6. Grammie

Thx jtm

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Best bet is to vote early, if there is a problem you will then have time to address it.

8. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Woot Woot, Toot Toot for Early Voting.

Beginning on Oct. 18
    Cleveland JCC Campus
    at 12 Noon ~ 7pm
    (Time might be 11am)

There are 4 EARLY "One Stop" voting locations in the JoCo now. The new one is up at Riverwood; ie: Clayton North. The Smithfield location is the old Herald Building on 4th street across from the Baptist Church. Also you can vote at the Church at Clayton Crossing on US70.

9. Grammie

Thx everyone went to the web site, we are fine.

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Vote early, vote often.

Why can't I vote for the presidential election of 2016? How about 2020? In fact, just put me down as voting straight Libertarian in all elections for here on out.

There is a reason the founding fathers (well, the founding uncles back in 1945) specified an exact election date. They wanted all Americans to vote with the same knowledge, the same information as everyone else. Back in 1996, had there been early voting available to me, I would have voted weeks ahead of the national election, and my vote would have gone to Ross Perot. At the time, he sounded like the best choice. It wasn't until the day before the election that his insanity was fully exposed. Then what? Would I have been able to withdraw and change my vote? No, it would have simply been a wasted vote.

Early voting is wrong.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I can't speak for everyone, but if I don't vote early I usually can't vote at all!

12. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Why? Do they lock you up on Tuesdays?

I think you missed the point.

Oh well.

13. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

more right on the point, not a miss,,

14. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

If you say so.

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Because I am rarely in North Carolina on a Tuesday!

16. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

hey, you're right again,,

17. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Two words... Absentee ballot.

18. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

[​IMG]

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Actually I have done that, the problem is that most of this "Voter Fraud" actually arises from Absentee Ballots, you just don't hear about it much because the party that raises holy hell does not feel it goes to their advantage to address this.

Personally with about 2,000 cases of voter fraud total in the USA since the year 2000, I think it is a waste of tax dollars to pass futher laws and it just discourages people further regarding politics and their right to vote.

20. Grammie

One more question where can I get yard signs?