Wanting to dump Time Warner .... Anyone with advice about Vonage?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jlc007, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Congrats JLC007 for getting it cut and stuff. But why is it that customers have to through so many hoops to cut their bill when TWC gives all sorts of perks just to bring in new customers. What ever happened to "Customer service" or the "customer is always right"

jlc007 likes this.
  2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

What ever happened to rewarding the loyal customers? A new customer with no history with TWC is worth more to them than a loyal customer of 10 years that has always paid their bill on time.

Rockyv58 and jlc007 like this.
  3. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

I agree Rocky and Jesse. It SHOULD NOT be this way but because of the location of our home, TW broadband is the only choice for what we need. The phone and cable aren't huge priorities. Anyway, we'll see how it plays out.
    :rolleyes:

Rockyv58 likes this.
  4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, TWC and other companies figure that once they get a customer, that customer will never leave. You don't need an MBA to figure out that's not necessarily the case. Companies need to respect their customers if they expect to keep them.

jlc007 likes this.
  5. IncognitO

IncognitO Well-Known Member

simlar to Webbie suggestion, I use a combination of products, I used vonage for 8 years but a year ago I transferred my number to a ring.to number. Then I bought an Obi device for $35 and have free phone service since, I had to purchase a $12 E911 service to hook it up but have not had to renew it yet.
    The ring.to account is assigned to my obi device so I can now dial and receive calls for free and it sounds great.
    I never had a problem with vonage but we just never used the home phone anymore and it was easier than getting rid or number.

jlc007 likes this.
  6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Just curious, why do people need a home number anymore since everyone has a cell phone? We cut out home phone about 8 years ago because it was never used, actually had to search for the phone if i even thought about it and of course it was dead :)

jlc007 likes this.
  7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

The only place I cannot use my cellphone is at home, it is a dead zone.

jlc007 likes this.
  8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Same here, and since we run a business from home, we need to have reliable phone service.

jlc007 likes this.
  9. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Kaci,
    We too have a home business and there are times when our cell service is acting up and so the home phone is our solid back up for our customers.
    If that weren't the case, we'd have dumped it years ago!

Hught and kaci like this.
  10. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Same here, almost no service inside my house with AT&T

Plus I talk to my parents at least once a week for over an hour usually, so I hate to drain my cell phone's battery when I do that. And it's the number I don't mind giving out on forms as it is easier to ignore.

Hught and jlc007 like this.
  11. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Same exact here Jesse.

Hught likes this.
  12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Verizon for me, not sure AT&T would be any better.

jlc007 likes this.