Weight Watchers Support Group

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by FrameMaMa, Aug 27, 2008.

1. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

Time for a new thread on weight watchers for us losers!:lol:

I found a great new recipe that is a pretty filling dinner and is only 4 points!!

How is everyone doing?
    What kind of exercises are you doing?
    What is your favorite snack?

Let's Do it Ladies!~!~!~! and gents!

I found a great set of workout dvds, but man do I hurt!:ack:
    Feel like I got run over by a mack truck this morning.

Good Tip: I heard that when you exercise, your muscles hold water to repair themselves and that's why it can take longer to see results.

2. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

If you have TWC channel 68 is FitTv and they have some great cardio and weight training.

3. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

I will check it out, I do have TWC, but I always thought it was infomercials.

4. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

I work at Time warner Cable (no I'm not in sales or billing). If you have digital cable channel 557 is exercise on demand. There are tons of programs to choose from and you start them when you are ready.

Ok now I just have to get my butt off the couch and get busy!!

Today was an ok day but tomorrow will be better. I have got to get better about drinking all my water for the day.

5. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Thanks, will check out the exercise on demand channel, see if I can get it!!!

Drinking enough water is one of those things we take for granted, isnt it?? In order to get my water in, I try to carry it around with me wherever I go. Bottles in the car, big cups around the house ... got used to travelling everywhere with it.

Plus, every time you go to the bathroom and 'flush some out' ... drink some more and put it right back in! That helps! :D

6. meg

meg Well-Known Member

FrameMaMa what is the new recipe that you found?

I'm really having troubles staying with the points, I do really good all day. I bring my breakfast, lunch and snacks to work with me but when I get home something just clicks and I want and do eat everything I come in contact with. Can someone help me get through that? I have tried saving my afternoon snack for the drive home but that doesn't work. I have tried chewing sugar free gum but still nothing.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

7. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Yep, that's a problem I'm having as well. I'm not a water drinker at all. I've been putting crystal light in mine just so I can get it down.

8. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Ok, you are not gonna believe what my DH did last night. My all time favorite food is.....Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I could eat my weight in those things if they are fresh. (Heck, who am I kidding...even if they're not fresh.) Anyway, my DH comes in the house with not 1 but 2 dozen doughnuts last night . He stopped at KK and picked them up. And you know I HAD to have one last night. And you know I HAD to have one with my coffee this morning. I am sooooo weak.....help!!!!!! :banghead:

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

That was cruel of him! tell him if he wants to eat that junk, to get it when your not around and eat it BEFORE he gets home! When my dad was first diagnosed as having diabetes, my mom and I would have something sweet while the 2 of us were out shopping. We didn't bring it back to the house because we didn't want him to be tempted.

10. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

I think he thinks he's being sweet...in his own strange way. He has only stopped and gotten doughnuts once in the past year until last night. He's the kind of person that has willpower out the butt. If he is going to do something, he does it. I, on the other hand, have the willpower of a gnat. :x

11. Sassygurl81

My husband does stuff like that all the time. I have never been big on sweets so it doesn't bother me. I don't care for chocolate that much (ok ladies don't beat me up for that). My problem is starchy foods like potatoe chips, crackers, and bread. I love me some bread!!!

I will admit this week has been awful. As far as eating I have done good but i haven't been tracking my points.
    My goal for today is to drink 100 ounces of water. Whew, I have only done that once in my life. I bought a 100 ounce jug of water and I will drink that everyday. Oh boy, I will be running to the bathroom every 5 mins. The bathroom is not close but at least thats more exercise!!! :)

Have a great day ladies!!!

12. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

100 Ounces of water??? You've got to be kidding me. There is no way on God's green earth that I could EVER drink that much water!! You go girl!!

13. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

its not as hard as you think. I have a sports bottle that is 20 oz. I fill it up 5 times a day and mix with my crystal light and down it at breakfast, lunch and dinner and then have it in between times.. I drink no soft drinks at all. Now if I can get my eating under control I will be good!

14. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

It's okay to have KK donuts! :) It's not good though to have a half dozen. Everything in moderation. Just count the points. If it was glazed I believe it is 5 points. Filled I think are 6 or 7. If you used more points than you typically do for breakfast than have a lighter lunch. OR throw in a little extra exercise today.

You need to stop the diet mentality. That mentality tells you to deprive yourself or feel guilty that you had something you wanted that is not a fruit or veggie. That mentality will cause you to give up. It's okay to indulge, a little ... balance is the key!

Now if the donuts are still in the house and will tempt you... make your husband take them to work, give them to friends, throw them away, or freeze them in single serve baggies.

15. Sassygurl81

I used to belong to an online boot camp that said you had to drink half your body weight in water. So I should actually be drinking more than 100 ounces, Yikes!! So far today I have drunk 34 ounces. I'm almost half way, wooohooo!!! I love crystal light energy! It has helped alot this morning!

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i have been trying to keep track of points and thought i was doing pretty good till i looked up my sugarfree vanilla iced coffee on line yesterday and found out it is 8 points:evil: So i guess i have gone over every day and now cannot have my very favorite afternoon pick me up:evil:

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ok i drink like 2 32oz cups of my tea made with spenda that i bring from home every day, does that count toward my water count? Like Bren have never been a big plain water fan though i do it, i just cannot imagine drinking 100oz a day - water doesn't have any caffeine:lol:

18. Sassygurl81

According to weight watchers, half your daily water must be plain water. I can't do that most of the time unless I am really hot. I have no idea what the difference is. You are still drinking water.
    Crystal light has a flavor that is loaded with caffeine. Its called Wild Strawberry energy. I used to drink this all day and then wondered why I could never go to sleep. I stayed up for 48 hours and never got sleepy. I then figured out it was the strawberry crystal light. Now I drink it in the morning to help keep me awake at work. That stuff works! I even have my mom hooked on it.

19. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I'm with ya, girl!

20. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but WW's makes a frozen Latte bar, only 1 pt and they are delicious! They are a great treat on a hot day.:) Might be a good replacement for those that like a iced coffee drink full of calories, (like me!).