Weight Watchers Support Group

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by FrameMaMa, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

WW working so far for me.

I joined WW at work about 4 weeks ago and have lost 11 lbs. Not a large number I know but I definitely feel better and am learning a lot. This is not a diet but a life change. Very important difference. Good luck to all! It's not easy but definitely worth it!

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I know ya'll don't care but I do. :lol:

Down 2.5 lbs this week.

Going to incorporate weights next week along with MORE cardio.

3. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

HG, we do so care chick...that is great keep it up!
    8)

I am going to miss the next two Saturdays.
    My son is leaving with his grandmother this saturday to go to the beach for a week, and next saturday I will be at the beach...

Maybe i will go on Thursday night.....oooh...that sucks.:lol:

4. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

HG, if you lose much more, you're going to blow away!

Frame, just weigh at home!

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You know I gotta get back down to my fighting weight! :lol::lol::lol:

12 lbs to go. :boxing:

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

that's what i've been telling her:lol:

7. FrameMaMa

I like your idea a lot better than mine...:lol:
    I have to go get a dang scale though...my old needle scale had an accident
    They say the digital scales are the most accurate anyway.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i just got an awesome scale, it reads body fat and water weight on top of your weight and it is digital and you can program 4 peoples height and age into it plus there is a guest button so anyone can use it, love it and hate it if you know what i mean:lol: i only lost 1 lb this week, but it is that time so guess one is better than nothing:cry:

9. FrameMaMa

that sounds cool!
    What kind of scale is that?
    Where can I get it?

10. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

There is so many of you that seem to be please with WW, and I was wondering what the cost would be. I know I can't afford to do anything right now, but I know my mom and sister are might be looking into it. I thought If I had more info about it, then we could all do it together.
    My sister want to loose about 30, me I could loose about 50 to 60 and my mom a little more then that.
    Sheri

11. JenniferK

Sheri, you can buy the books used for under $50 and do it yourself at home.

This week I only lost .5 lbs, but that's okay. I ate like a fat girl this weekend (we were out of town) so I really expected to gain. My running total for 3 weeks is 15 pounds, I'm cool with that!

12. rushlow2004

Thanks, but what are the books called and where can I start looking for them? Me and my sister both want to do it and we are going to work on my parents as well. Both of their health is ok, but would be 100% better if they lost some weight, mainly my dad with his heart problems right now. Plus my daughter is about 20 pounds over weight and I think with me doing something she will also learn from me. She is only 8 years old and should be at her age/height be wearing a size kids 12 and she is wearing a size 16/18 kids and that is barly making it. I just do want her to grow up being picked on at school and not be able to do what the other kids can do. She loves sports and running and stuff, but she is always behind the others.
    Me I would love to loose about 50 to 60 pounds, and my sister about 40 and my mom about the same as me, maybe a little more and my dad too.
    I'm ready just need the tools.

Congrats on your weight lost, that is so great Jennifer, you should be very proud of yourself!
    Sheri

13. JenniferK

Sheri, you can go to weightwatchers.com and buy the books from them, it'll cost you about $120.

If you go to Ebay and buy them, search for weight watchers books and you'll find "kits" that include your books, etc. for around $50-$60.

If you do WW, it would be very easy to adjust the way your daughter eats, because you'll be cooking a little differently, etc.

Good luck!

14. rushlow2004

I have to cook???? lol, just kidding.
    Ok, I will look into it.
    My daughter eats mostly at my parents. Only on my days off do I have to feed her.
    thanks a bunch for your help!
    Sheri

15. rushlow2004

Ok, I found these books so far and Ebay is the cheapest...
    Is this what I need?

2009 Complete Food Companion $20.00
    2009 Dining out Companion $20.00 ( I really don't eat out, but my parents do sometimes)

Electronic Points Calculator $30.00( do any of you use this)

Sheri

16. JenniferK

Go to Ebay and search for this:

Item number: 370187765162

That's got everything you need!

17. rushlow2004

Wow that is a really good deal, I will pass it along to my sister, I can't afford that right now.
    Thanks for finding it!
    Sheri

18. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I never used the electronic points calc you can find one online.

And here is a website that WW really doesn't like but all of you WW folks will love it once you surf through all of the Ads Dotti has up.

http://www.dwlz.com/#

scroll down to the Food List and more (it's on the right) and you will find a list of more food and restaurants than you will ever dream of and you'll never need any type of calculator ever again. She's done all the work for ya!

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I've flipped through that website before, she's got some good daily menus and recipes on there too!

20. rushlow2004

I have been on there in the past, very nicely put together.
    I have it in my favs now.
    Sheri