Wells Meat Sale?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by harleygirl, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Cool...I will be looking out for it than. Thanks

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Middle son was in Wells tonight and they informed him their meat sale would be this upcoming weekend - i was surprised cause haven't received a flyer but i will definitely be there (maybe sending the flyer out created too much business for them:lol:(

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I picked up the flyer yesterday..........if I get time I will post what they have.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

PLEASE!! I need some ribs

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

So cool, you will be heading down our way Friday - woohoo, lunch and shopping at Wells:-D

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Girl, don't advertise for them so much, there won't be anything left:lol:

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

You got that right!

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OK, OK!! I didn't think of it that way, I will PM the list to Harley! :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

and to me!!! (I want the list too)

10. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

Ken,
    For the past several years have cooked a standing rib roast around the holiday season and have had great success buying mine from Kroger when they've advertised, quality of meat great with a reasonable price per/lb., only place that had a roast to feed a family of 16 adults, little ones had chicken strips. I like the Krogers on the corner of Six Forks and Wake Forest.
    Good luck.

11. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

Yes, it can be a good drive out there. But usually around that time of year we are in or around that area shopping for Christmas, don't make a trip just for the meat. I've found that this Kroger has a very good butcher and the meat is great, also one tof he only places that keeps large cuts available for customers, guess he has to considering the surrounding neighborhood.

12. Chimp

Chimp Well-Known Member

What time is the sale? Does it start on Friday or Sat? And if I ask super nicely, will the goddess that has a copy of their sale be so kind as to pm me the info? We are in desperate need of some MEAT! :lol: :lol:

Terri

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Check your PM's, I don't have the flyer with me, but I will be driving out that way shortly, I will check to see if it starts today.

14. le

le Well-Known Member

Their sales generally run Thur-Sat since they are closed on Sun. Please post what ya see kdc...I am heading over there at some point too.

15. Chimp

Chimp Well-Known Member

We just got back and they still had a good amount of everything. Got us some Boneless/skinless Chix breast, some b/s chix thigh, a boneless pork loin, bacon, chix strips, new york steak, hamburger, a sirloin tip roast. They had some good stuff. They did say that the new york steak that was cut and set out in the display was all they had left. They did not have anymore left to cut. But all in all they still had a good amount of everything. I did see a bunch of ribs too.

16. harleygirl

I'm going tomorrow! Save me some meat! :twisted:

17. le

le Well-Known Member

The sale started yesterday and ends tomorrow.

Bone-in chicken breast - .99/lb.

NY strips - 5.99/lb.

Boneless pork loins - 1.69/lb.

Ground beef - 1.49/lb.

Whole ribeyes - 6.99/lb.

Pork spare ribs - 1.49/lb.

Assorted pork chops - 1.49/lb.

Whole pork loins - 1.29/lb.

Chicken drumsticks - 3.99/lb.

and much, much more.

There was plenty of everything when I was there...including customers. Take a jacket and plan to spend some time waiting in line!

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've got one of their pork loin roasts in the pressure cooker now with sea salt, fresh pepper, rosemary, thyme & bay leaves. It smells wonderful!:p

19. harleygirl

I just need some ribs.:mrgreen:

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You better hurry! I didn't get any, waiting on Lowe's to run them on sale for $2.99/lb. Still have some in the freezer.