What area do you live in?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, May 1, 2006.

?

What area do you live in?

1. 4042 area

95.3%
  2. Clayton area

2.8%
  3. Smithfield area

0.9%
  4. Garner area

0.9%
  5. Out of NC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

The amount of new project starts already this year is more than I've seen since the early 2000's when I moved here. I personally would like to see us incorporate along the lines of Cleveland Township or near about. I don't think the township lines are anything other than leftovers from previous forms of county government, but they form a pretty good basis.
    If we incorporate and got the post office would we get a new zip code? Anyone in the chamber have the statistics on how many rooftops there are in the 5 mile zone from 4042 now versus in 2006? Must be a lot if Food lion is moving in.

Thanks again for the map work Jesse, I vote you for town surveyor or something.

EDIT;
    In case you thought nobody else was interested in little old us..

On the southwest side of town, more than 500 undeveloped acres surround the N.C. 42 West and U.S. 70 interchange. While Clayton leaders expect residential growth to continue in the area, Johnston Health and other medical providers could drive further office and commercial uses.

The Town of Clayton paid a consultant $86,000 to study both interchanges to determine what road, water and sewer improvements they will need in the future. The studies, published earlier this month by Morrisville-based URS Corp., recommended $60-$80 million in upgrades by 2040.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/lo...-news-star/article22587048.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Haha, thanks, I do enjoy cartography as a hobby.

Here were some stats from the 40/42 interchange from I think 2012:
    DEMOGRAPHICS
    1 MILE 3 MILES 5 MILES
    POPULATION 1,746 16,559 47,737
    PROJECTED POPULATION 1,940 18,574 53,661
    EST. HOUSEHOLD INCOME $79,534 $71,927 $69,168

And this is the land use map for 42/70 - http://www.townofclaytonnc.org/uploads/files/Planning/HWY 42 Small Area Plan.pdf

3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Does that help you with the maps? ;) :D

4. jesse82nc

Cartography is the study and practice of making maps. Combining science, aesthetics, and technique, cartography builds on the premise that reality can be modeled in ways that communicate spatial information effectively.

So yes it does lol. I've done some work in the past with geospatial data and GIS systems.

Auxie likes this.
  5. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

:D

6. jesse82nc

This would be my estimate of a good ETJ For Cleveland, it's close to the same size as Clayton's ETJ, maybe a little smaller. It could probably go a little more west on 42 even.

upload_2016-2-23_10-28-36.png

Auxie likes this.
  7. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

I just want to point out that incorporating and getting a post office are two completely separate things. Becoming a town wouldn't necessarily mean the area gets a post office or zip code. As an example, the mailing address for the Town of Archer Lodge is Clayton, NC.

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  8. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

Jesse, that is pretty consistent with the Cleveland Township borders. We could call ourselves Clevelandia!

Attached Files:

Wayne Stollings and jesse82nc like this.
  9. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

ArcGIS Home license is only $100. Been using it for some smaller side projects. You?

10. jesse82nc

Mostly I use Google's Mapmaker and MyMaps products. I used to use some of the Esri software years ago, but Google's products suit most of my needs these days, and it's all free.

Auxie likes this.