What book are you reading?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Nov 28, 2007.

1. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

I need something to read.
    I'm not into those mushy romance novels, more toward a good mystery/thriller novel.

Any recomendations?
    Maybe we could start a book club on here or something! :)

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I don't read. I look at the pictures :lol:

3. ferrickhead28

Mushy romance novels have pictures??? ;)

4. harleygirl

Heck no. I've got some books you an borrow, they are boxed up. I'll PM you what they are.

5. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

I'm reading "Q is for Quarry" by Sue Grafton who is working her way through the alphabet. Her main character is a PI by the name of Kinsey Millhone. She has written A is for Alibi, B is for Burglar, F is for Fugitive, M is for Murder, N is for Noose (you get the idea). I have read many of her books but when I don't have time to read I listen to them on tape (the Clayton library has hundreds of books on tape and CD's - great selections). Another good mystery/thriller author is Patricia Cornwell - she has written Post Mortem, Hornet's Nest, The Body Farm, Cause of Death. Her main character is Dr. Kay Scarpetta - character is the intrepid Chief Medical Examiner of the Commonwealth of Virginia; lots of forensic, edge of your seat plot with lots of twists. Now that I'm doing my holiday baking, I'm listening to them on tape and CD - easy way of doing two things at once; also, listen to them in the car to make the drive to work much faster - especially when sitting in traffic.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Makes me feel a little "ghoulish" sometimes, but I LOVE those books and authors too. :)

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I like James Patterson, Iris Johansen (sp?)....Ann Rice (also penned under the name A.N. Roquelaire).

8. ferrickhead28

Ya know, I have never once read a Sue Grafton book! I might have to pick one up now since she's moving right along the alphabet.
    I LOVE Patricia Cornwell. She is such an amazing writer. I heard a rumor somewhere that they were in the works of making a movie about Kay. I think that would be awesome.

9. ferrickhead28

Never knew Ann went under a pen name!

James Patterson is a good author too. Never heard of Iris. I also like the guy who writes the Odd Thomas books. Its different, some of them are really good, some are not so good, lol.

I used to love reading Christopher Pike books growing up, wish he would write more adult books like Sahti and "The Listeners". Those were excellent.

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

"google" and you will understand why!

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I think there is also a 2nd pen name that she uses too... isn't there? I just can't think of it..... :?

I found it... gotta love Wikipedia!

Under the pseudonym Anne Rampling:
    • Exit to Eden (1985)
    • Belinda (1986)
    Under the pseudonym A. N. Roquelaure:
    • The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty (1983)
    • Beauty's Punishment (1984)
    • Beauty's Release (1985)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  12. Cleopatra

Oh Yeah, rampling or rumpling something like that.

13. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

??????? :?

14. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I've been trying to get through a book on how to read Tarot cards for the last year. Everytime I start back reading it, I have to start over!

15. harleygirl

:lol: You're crazy
    She writes.. "adult" books :mrgreen:

16. ferrickhead28

:shock:
    Do they involve vampires? lol

17. ferrickhead28

That would be fun!

18. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Well, not really HOW TO, but it explains in detail what each card means, etc. I've got a deck also, but haven't opened them. I want to understand the meanings of each one, before I do that!:mrgreen:

19. harleygirl

Me first, me first!!!!

20. Cleopatra

SB, I've never memorized the deck - it's like 72 cards!!! Some of the Major Arcana I have, Death is Change, etc - easy ones like that. I feel the readings are still pretty good, little too good sometimes. It is important to be able to read the cards together, knowing something might happen is easier to explain if you know *who* it might be that will bring those conditions - usually the court card near the Major Arcana card.