What book are you reading?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Yeah I know...72 cards. I just need to read the whole book at once and take notes on meanings and then understand how they can be read together. I get some free time and start reading, etc. and then boom, back to work and no time!:mrgreen:

2. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

No more book recommendations?

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Got about 10 magazines in the mail yesterday. :roll:
    Tree killers :roll:

4. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Just started on "The Blackstone Chronicles" by John Saul. Had never heard of him, but saw 2-3 of his books at the GW yesterday. Think he's supposed to be mystery/horror, but so far I like his style, good read, not much horror (so far) Used to enjoy Stephen King before he got so "out there". So far I like what i.m reading and how it's written. Thumbs up for John Saul...so far!!!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

John Saul is good, I've read several of them.

6. chik

chik Well-Known Member

Blink. It's very interesting and about how we use our intuition and how sometimes our "first" thoughts are right and others it is off because we have outside influences that can effect our first impressions.

Very good bookand interesting.

7. mslusk

mslusk Well-Known Member

Dingley Falls by Michael Malone. Heard someone on NPR rave about it, so I'm giving it a try.

8. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

book on urology, algebra 2, medical terminology...:neutral:

9. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

10. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

Just for fun: series by Janet Evanovich: One For the Money; Two For the Dough; it's a series about a clutzy bounty hunter...made me laugh out loud a few times. Also a series by Diana Gabaldon: Outlander is the first one. Hard to describe the category (had a fit at Ed McCay trying to find it...we looked under historical fiction, mystery, sci-fi, romance). Also, Dean Koontz has a good one called "Odd Thomas". Mysteries by Nevada Barr are pretty good, too.

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Tami Hoag is a good mystery/suspense writer too. Her books can be on the long side though.

12. le

le Well-Known Member

13. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I just started reading Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko. It's first part of a 3 book series (Night Watch, Day Watch and Twilight Watch). So far it's been very good. It's got vampires, shapeshifters, "others" and the balancing of good and evil. It doesn't have any "pro" or "anti" beliefs as another book, that will remain nameless for the sake of a 500+ post thread, has been judged as.

Anyways...Koontz is good but he overuses metaphors. Only read one Saul book, The Homing. Really enjoyed it. I have a few others of his, just haven't gotten to them yet.

14. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star by Nikki Sixx

15. Curious

Curious Well-Known Member

Blind Faith by Joe McGinniss

16. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Working throught "The Cat who..." Series by Lilian Jackson Braun. She lives in NC, that is if she is still alive??? She must be 70-80+ now, She began writting books in the 1960's and I do not think she was a teen then.

She has about 20-25 "The cat who XXX" books out now, all with Jim Qwilleran and 2 wonderful cats.

Lighter murder mystery books - fast reads, not too bloody or vile.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  17. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

"The Guardian" by Nicholas Sparks

sweet romance / lite thriller

18. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

Quiet Strength:

I'm currently reading Quiet Strength: The Principles, Practices and Priorities of a Winning Life.

I am not a sports fan, but a friend of mine's husband penned the book, so I purchased it to read. I am amazed how much I enjoy the book, because it's not as much about football as it is about doing the right things in life. (Also, being a Steeler fan (born & raised in Pittsburgh) then a Buccaneer Fan (moved to FL), it's fun to read a book that has references to places where I've lived.

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Several. I keep them in various rooms of the house, in the car...

The Living Word of St John - White Eagle
    Chariots of the Gods - Erich Von Daniken
    Wars of Gods & Men - Zecharia Sitchin
    2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl - Daniel Pinchbeck

20. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Sue Grafton

I am waiting for her newest book letter "T" to come out. Should be sometime next week.