What is more important to you with Wireless Service?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blusdrmr, Feb 27, 2006.

?

What is more important to you with Wireless Service?

1. Rollover Minutes

100.0%
  2. More Minutes for the dollar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No Taxes and Fees

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Direct Connect (Walkie Talkie)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Coverage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Unlimited N&W/Mobile to Mobile

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Data/E-mail service

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Customer Service

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Being able to send a shock through the phone when my kid talks too long

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

SunCom is making some drastic changes to thier plans coming in March and I was wondering what was more important to you as a customer of whatever service you currently have or what you would like to see change (within reason, of course).

2. Richard Head

Richard Head Well-Known Member

I believe coverage is the biggest thing I look for in a cell phone. Next would be the most minutes for the dollar.

3. blusdrmr

Which service do you use and what do you consider the best value for what you have now? Would you pay more money per month for better coverage?

4. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Coverage matters most to me. I've tried them all except Cingular and I've been the happiest with Alltel. When I visit family members I'm way in the country and with some of the other carriers there was no reception, or if it was it was roaming. I don't get that with Alltel.

5. BigBob

BigBob Well-Known Member

I agree with Coverage. Alltel may not have the cheapest monthly plans, but I know that whther I'm in the middle of nowhere, or in the middle of Raleigh that I can make a call. I'll stick with them until I find someone whose coverage can match theirs.

I have family that uses other carriers - Verizon, SunCom, NexTel, but they all report many more dead zones than I've ever encountered. I've used Alltel when traveling all over (Vegas, Alabama, Outer Banks, Georgia mountains, Virginia, South Carolina, etc.).

6. blusdrmr

Roaming and long distance is where most people get confused, I have found. Most people don't travel as much as they think they do and roaming normally does not come into play with most customers and they are usually snaked into a nationwide plan when they don't really need it. Hence, they pay more for the plan and get less minutes. Roaming charges only apply when you are outside of your home area. Some companies offer a Regional plan, local plan and a nationwide plan for those who travel alot. Most people think that if they call long distance outside of the state that they need a nationwide plan. Not true. Long distance is included with any plan whether it is a local, regional or nationwide plan. You have to know what area your plan covers for you to know where you wuld roam or not. I have sold every service out there in the past 8-9 years. Alltel always had to many "hidden" things that applied. For example: Your N&W/mobile to mobile minutes apply ONLY when you are in your home area no matter what plan you are on. Your home area with them is Wake, Durham, Orange and Alamance counties. Anything outside of that and you are using your anytime minutes. Not too many people know that and it is never explained when the contract is signed. I found alot people very upset with that all to often. That is the reason you see "ROAM" on your phone when you leave those areas as well. Yes, they have an agreement with other companies outside of that area that allows you to roam without any extra charges. We have the same agreement with Cingular in NC/SC.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Loved Alltel had them for 10 years, hated to switch to Nextel but had to for work. Haven't had too much problem with Nextel cell coverage, but Alltel was great, I could make a call standing next to someone with Sprint and they would have no signal at all.

8. blusdrmr

I hear ya. Personally, I have had pretty good coverage with SunCom and I travel quite a bit. I am not just sayng that because I sell them, either. There are a few "shaky coverage" areas, but cellular is not perfect or will it ever be.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

COVERAGE!!!!!!!

10. blusdrmr

That's just because you are a techno-geek. :p

11. traveler

traveler Well-Known Member

OK here I go again - Blusdrmr sorry -

But I have to go with COVERAGE & RELIABILITY of the service!

And now that I am familar with the COVERAGE and the RELIABILITY or lack there of from Suncom in the Clayton, surrounding areas and Nationwide (and yes I travel ALOT) and I am on the phone ALOT, I will be getting rid of the service as soon as my contract is up I will be moving back to Nextel or another carrier. Matter of fact I have been debating just taking the hit from the cancellation fees and switching anyway. Thats how bad it is.................

JMO - Traveler

12. ksmahgrts

ksmahgrts Well-Known Member

yea. reliable coverage.

i have to stand on my head in the bathtub to get a damn signal in my house.

13. traveler

traveler Well-Known Member

Now that's a 'picture'!

I haven't tried that position yet, ummmmmmmmmmmmm....

14. harleygirl

I'm going to be the maniac in the driveway running back and forth over my cell phone :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Better make sure I got that "insurance" first :wink:

15. ksmahgrts

ksmahgrts Well-Known Member

call me - i'll join ya!

16. harleygirl

I'll have my secretary call your secretary we'll run over our phones together.

17. mordorboy

mordorboy Well-Known Member

I have a cell phone and an opinion, but I won't provide it since your opinion of my replies ring (pun intended) of idiocy.

and

and

:lol: :p :lol:

Oh, but I did vote, hope it doesn't skew your results.

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

EVDO!

19. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

CELL is a 4 letter word!!!! Had Alltel from 1988 to 2002 (well, they were Alltel in 2002, the original carrier got bought out 3 times) and it was the best service I've ever had. Even back in the days when my phone had a battery that was big enough to start a car and stuffed in a bag. That's back in the days when you were pushing 2 to 3 Watts of signal. I even got service in the poccasin swamps on the NC coast.

The reason you get lousy service now is the darn Zoolander phones. Microscopic, No power, Cheap circuitry, A circuit antenna system that is so stupid its a wonder we can talk at all, etc... (I've cracked a few old ones open to have a "look see")

All I want is a phone with some power!!! I don't want music video, internet, mp3 player, camera, optical zoom, text messaging, ring tones, bluetooth, ringer profiles, on demand TV, Vcast, instant messaging, games, movies, GPS ... etc.

Please, please, please ... someone just give me a phone with some power I can make a "phone" call on!!!!!!!!

PS: And I don't want to sign a 2 year contract for a free Tiwan phone that only cost you $5 either!!!

20. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I'd just like to be able to make a call from my home on a regular basis.