What to do with my pork butt

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Wow! Aren't you nice! :) I'm going to try the advice of everyone, and if I bomb, I will give you a call. :mrgreen:

2. Allioop

Thanks so much for the advice! You're right... This is definitely not a competition. :lol:

3. Allioop

By the way, any advice on making homemade slaw? I read somewhere it's better to make it a few days ahead.

4. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

One head chopped cabbage
    1/2 cup vinegar
    6 tbs sugar
    6 tbs canola oil
    2 1/2 tsp dry mus-My Friend
    1 tsp celery seed
    1 tsp dried celery
    1 tbs hot sauce

Combine vinegar, oil and other ingredients in a sealed jar and give it a vigorous shake. Pour over chopped cabbage and toss. Let sit in fridge for two hours or longer. Toss again before serving.

5. Allioop

We ate our bbq and slaw sandwiches tonight! I slow cooked the pork butt all last night. It was yummy today. My husband loved it! I will definitely make it again.

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

How did you end up doing it?

7. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

It's always better to me the next day.

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I agree.

Sherry

9. Allioop

http://genxfinance.com/crock-pot-bbq-pulled-pork-recipe-for-under-15-easy-and-frugal/

I found this because I need pictures sometimes. :lol: I pretty much did exactly what it said. It follows a lot the same advice given in this thread. I only used about a teaspoon of liquid smoke. I was afraid to use more. It probably would have been fine without the liquid smoke. I used Durkee's chicken and rib rub Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce. This was so easy and cheap. I got the pork butt on sale for about $6.00. I still have a lot left over!