What would you do (vet)

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Feb 6, 2011.

1. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

This is a great idea even if you aren't having a problem with a vet, maybe someone else is and this could be you on your next visit , or if you are thinking of switching a good way to check them out first.

2. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

I use Clayton Animal Hospital also...yes they seem to be a bit more expensive than other vets, however...they are always there for my pets. Two weeks ago my dog got his ear "shredded" by another dog, I called them, was told to come right over, they took care of my dog immediately. They have always been there for the good ..and the bad of pet ownership.

3. mykids

mykids Guest

Not trying to play devil's advocate, but do we really know the whole story? Haven't you ever heard the phrase "there's always three sides to every story - hers, theirs, and the truth"? I agree you have every right to express your opinion but unless it's the whole truth should we really be bashing and falsely influencing others opinions based on our own frustrations? I'm neutral as far as this situation goes only because I wasn't there and therefor don't know what truly happened (which I am very sorry for your bad experience - hope the pups are doing great btw). I know there are businesses out there trying to rip off people but there are also people out there trying to rip off businesses by complaining about services just to get out of paying for it. Don't tell me that doesn't happen. As pet owners, we have a responsibility to take charge of their health, which means expenses. $34 each per dog on medicine is actually cheaper than human medicine - we have health insurance to cover most of the costs so we don't really see what our bill would would be without insurance. Pets in most cases aren't covered under any insurance plans so their health care is totally out of pocket SEEMING to cost more then human medicine. Anyway, I wanted to express my 2 cents just like everyone else has. Don't mean to upset anyone....

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I am the same pet-mom who spent $12,000 within 6 months on my baby and I agree that the charges she listed were crazy!

5. kodiak kid

kodiak kid Well-Known Member

Late to the topic, but wanted to give my .02. DR. Basden is INCREDIBLE!!!! MY 5 yr old ESS was mis-diagnosed by Banfield in white oak. After a $1000 or so, Shelbi had lost 1/2 of her body weight...Dr. Basden Worked with us as far as care...IV fluids 7 days a week (yes, she came in on Sunday just for Shelbi). Shelbi has K9 Addisons... This was 3 years ago...and to this day, I will never go anywhere else...ever!

She saved my dogs life...AND calls the customer/patient directly...no Tech calls to give blood work results, etc...Only the good doc :)