Wheelchair Access

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pcroom, Apr 20, 2017.

1. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

I am in a wheelchair due to ALS. My caregiver and I went to Jersey Mike's today. There were no handicapped parking and only one cut out for wheelchairs and it was quite a distance from Jersey Mike's. Can somebody give me a phone number to call about this? Thank You, Pat

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

4. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to send their corporate office an email concerning this inconvenience to you. It usually helps if more than one person calls their attention to the problem. No handicapped person should have to deal with that kind of situation.

5. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

I called about the Jersey Mike's in Holly Springs/Apex area because the bathrooms were not up to ADA code either. As well as contacting corporate, contact the county ordinance office. If they are in violation, they will have the fastest course for correction. And the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Sherry A., Hught and Wayne Stollings like this.
  6. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

The parking a curb cuts might be the responsibility of the building owner as Jersey Mikes is only a tenant of the space they occupy. Seems like the County should be involved as well.

jesse82nc likes this.
  7. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I sent a letter to the corporate office this morning, and a Peggy Ashley got back to me and said that while the locations are franchises, the corporate office will contact the franchisee to see whether or not they are in compliance. I hope that they follow up with that promise.

Hught and Sherry A. like this.
  8. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

That would be great. I cannot speak on phone due to AlS. THANK YOU SO MUCH

Wayne Stollings, Hught and Sherry A. like this.
  9. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

is this the one at 40/42 behind the cookout?

10. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

yes

11. youwish2bme

youwish2bme Well-Known Member

Were the two spots to the right of the store in use?