When it rains...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

it pours in this house...literally. I know there are roofing threads b/c I 've looked. I will start w/ calling some of those people that came recommended. What I need is an estimate of how much you think it will cost to replace a roof. Just a round about guess. My children have already lost $16K worth of my deaf son's equipment last week. NOT warrantied nor covered by insurance. State has our tax money still even after we had to prove our family existed and complied. So, just trying to plug in a rough guess as to figure out how we can do all this. Is $6 to $8K a target guess or am I too high? Please tell me I'm too high--LOL. Our house is one of those that has the dormer in the middle upstairs. You know, the houses that are usually unfinished upstairs. Ours is finished & a small addition on the back part which has a newer roof on it when it was added. The house is almost 20 years old so we are well aware the roof will need replacing. Thanks in advance for any and all advice you can give.

stephanie--mom to 7

2. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Okay, now I do need some names and #'s here. I called some of the folks on the old threads. #'s are outdated. So, can anyone give me recent info on a roofer. I have 2 buckets catching water right now. Wanting to see if we can salvage this roof. Great way to spend my day off btw. LOL. Thanks.

stephanie--mom to 7

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm no help... but it looks like you could uses a bump..