Where Do We Live? Name it

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cougar6, May 9, 2006.

?

Should the Cleveland; 40/42 geographic community area have an official name?

1. yes

99.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Who cares? I like being confused.

1.0%
  1. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Oh! But I did!

[​IMG]

Mr. Peabody and his boy Sherman helped me out! :lol:

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Wasn't the name picked after the last vote a few years back Cleveland Springs... but then within a few months, someone had travelled to the mountains here in NC and found a community out there called Cleveland Springs... so it was back to the drawing board... and nothings been done since. (Atleast thats what I think I recall reading happened)

3. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Google "Cleveland Springs, NC" and you'll see that it is near Shelby, NC and has the zip code 28150.

How about Cleveland Spring-- instead of Springs? "Cleveland Spring, NC" did not match any documents when googled.

Name ideas:

Cleve Land, NC
    Crazy Growth Cleveland, NC (Sounds kind of Native American)
    Cleveland Fields, NC
    Cleveland Hills, NC (No hills? There are no springs either.)
    Cleveland Heights, NC
    Used To Be Farms, NC
    Son-Lan, NC (Better watch that one, they might like it! :wink: )

Anyone care to add to the list?

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

If I were an Old Timer I would vote for Cleveland School.

5. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

40/42 will always be the Old Drug Store area. Cleveland and Cleveland School were down the road.

6. Cleopatra

Like Kelyel said, each area has a name.

Just leave it be, I say. No city taxes!!

7. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Thanks Cleo!

I agree NO MORE TAXES! . I do not want to incorporate. We are about as far from Exit 312 as you can get and still vote at CFD.

Then again, I also do not want any more growth in housing or in retail. I'll be voting in the fall for greater control of the growth.

8. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

"Then again, I also do not want any more growth in housing or in retail. I'll be voting in the fall for greater control of the growth."

Do you think anyone will have this as part of their election platform?

9. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I have always called it 40/42 or Cleveland School. And I think thats the only 2 names they should pick from. It's been like that since before I was born. Or the Old Drug Store. But that does not sound like somewhere I would like to vist.

10. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Couldn't have been called 40/42 since before you were born, unless you are a teenager or a very young twenty-something. :wink:

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I refer to them as 40/42 if its something to do with shopping or dining around the immediate 4042 exit.... if it something closer to DR Wells or 1010, I kinda refer to it as Cleveland School area... otherwise there's not telling what I'll come up with .. :)

12. Cleopatra

Weird, one of my good friends in 9th grade was from Barstow, CA. But we lived in CA, so it wasn't her...

13. mordorboy

mordorboy Well-Known Member

When I first moved to the county in 1987, it was refered to as Cleveland and/or Cleveland School by the folks in the county seat.

I don't know if Cleveland Springs is taken by an incorporated town. There are springs that feed creeks that feed into Swift Creek and Middle Creek.

I like Cleveland Springs.

You don't have to have a spring that is any big attraction. Sir Walter Raleigh never lived in Raleigh.

14. Cleopatra

But he frequented Raleigh.

15. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Ok smart pants. I lived on 42HWY right where Lowes is and I remember 40hwy coming. I'm 25 years old. So there you go. I know what I'm talking about. But thanks for the Quote about I-40!! :roll:

16. Cleopatra

Reow! Pfft Pfft. Week 2... <running for cover now>

17. mordorboy

mordorboy Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol:

You are talking about the old hotel, right? :wink:

18. Cleopatra

I dunno, aren't there some old plaqards (sp) downtown "This is where Sir Walter Raleigh blah blah blah".

I don't know about the old hotel. 8)

19. deb greer

deb greer Guest

We voted on names a few years ago. Many names were voted on and the one with the most votes was selected but could not be used. So why not use the name that came in second place?

20. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Deb
    what were some of the names?
    H6