Where is there a food co-op??

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Abdulina, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of local farmers that do a food co-op? I've been trying to find one. With food prices going up, we need an alternative. You have the farmer's market but even that is a bit high sometimes. Though much cheaper than the grocery store. We eat a ton of fruits and veggies and have really started to do away w/ ALL processed foods. That has been easier said than done but we are going slowly. And you can't really get coupons for fruit & veggies--LOL.

So, any ideas out there? There are 9 of us and we go through quite a bit of stuff. Anyone have good ideas for making bread besides a bread machine? We have a bread machine but that would take forever. Our family goes through around 40 loaves of bread a month.

So, ideas on saving on food for fresh veggies and fruit, let me know. We currently don't have a garden but it is in the works for the spring. Are there any local orchards for apples or peaches? Sorry for all the questions but I've tried to look. I've got to be missing something around here.

Thanks in advance.

Stephanie--mom to 7

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Abdulina,

I don't have the answers to your questions, but you might try PM'ing Frugalmomof2, she may have the inside track. 8)

Also, you might check out http://forums.savvydollar.org/ and ask your question there.

Good luck!

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member