Where to Buy...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by PirateGirl, Jun 21, 2012.

1. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Water Heater decided to start spraying everywhere and we discovered the hole. Installing it is no problem. Any idea WHERE the best place to get a "low boy" or "Short" one is? So far, Lowe's is looking like about my only option! Thanks!!

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I second Lowe's :)

3. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

I had plumbers put in a second for me and they went to lowes to buy one. I worked for lowes for years and we sold a lot of water heaters.

4. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

We replaced ours a few years ago...Lowes had the best one for the best price.

5. PirateGirl

Thanks for your input...was hoping and praying to find one cheaper, but don't want to sacrifice the quality. It's good to know that I have found the best price though!

6. Wolfpack_CE

Wolfpack_CE Well-Known Member

How's the water heater shopping going?

7. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I replaced mine last year with a tankless, they are so small and the energy savings has been phenomenal. I am easily saving at least $20 a month on my electric bill. And my propane expenses only went up about $6-7 a month. Also, not ever running out of hot water again and the $300 tax credit was nice as well. I bought mine online, got a really high end one for about $900. Installed it myself, just had a buddy do the propane connection.

8. PirateGirl

My hubby and our awesome neighbor installed it Friday evening. Ended up going with Lowe's thanks to a KIND 4042er messaging me with the offer of a 10% coupon!! When hubby picked up the coupon, the sweetheart also hooked him up with fresh (wonderful) garlic from his garden! Don't know if the person likes attention, so I will not throw it out there! I DO SOOO appreciate his kindness! I love our little area and my 4042 family!

It did take 2 trips to Lowe's because no one @ Lowe's mentioned needing a couple of other things to go with it, but it's all good! I had to run an errand right before they started and received a call from hubby telling me that he really needed me at home because our youngest pup was not being cooperative. "Daddy" was having to run in and out of the house (our heater is in the crawlspace) and the little fella couldn't handle him not being with him. Yes, he is quite spoiled! We got him at 13 days old and bottle-fed him! Anyway, now we have to repair his damage by the front door! Separation anxiety at its finest.