Where would you go?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Yeah, Ireland would be cool. I have a friend who biked around Ireland. He said it was awesome.

Sherry

2. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

That's so true... I have some friends there, so it would be a cheap way to go.

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I would like to go to Florence and Rome,went to Florence when I was 14 but didn't see it then as I would now.
    Also would like to go to England,while there I would want to see Westminster.

4. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

For those interested in Ireland, I highly, highly recommend it. I used to live in Germany during high school (military brat) so was able to travel all over Europe. Ireland is absolutely gorgeous w/ lots to do. People were very friendly there too. France, would not do again. Very crowded and people were not quite so friendly. Whales is wonderful as well. BTW, Germany does indeed have great food & good beer. In a liter of course. And yes, they sell it at McDonalds. LOL. Germany has great architecture and beatiful landscapes. If you ever go to a concentration camp, you will never be the same walking out of there. Trust me. I've been to Dachau. It's just so unreal.

Anyhow, as far as places I'd go on a vacation to....Argentina or Peru. We actually have wanted to live in Argentina for a long time now. Can't get permanent residency...bummer. LOL. But visiting would be a dream come true for me. That or Peru a top of Macchu Pichu. I have never been to South America and would love to vacation there. I hear it is just breathtaking. For the kids, I'd love them to go too. Either there or back to some of their homelands. Russia, Serbia, & now Bulgaria. I would not want to vacation in Russia. (my sister lives in Moscow). Serbia and Croatia are pretty especially along the adriatic coast. Now, we may be taking our oldest daughter w/ us to Bulgaria in the next few months. Even though it is not her homeland, she'll get a feel for what life was like when she was younger.

So many places in the world that I wouldn't mind going to. My dream though is to one day get to south America for a vacation. That and I have always wanted to go to Greece. I've never been on a cruise and dream of doing that one day as well. Great question and so fun to see where everyone wants to go. Next year, we're going to try to travel w/ all 10 kids across country. I'm betting we make it to TN before we have to turn around. LOL. Has anyone ever gone cross the US? Just curious how long it took and if you'd ever in your right mind do it again.

Stephanie--mom to 7

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

my two picks...Australia and Ireland

6. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

I always wanted to see Morocco. It's on my bucket list.

I spent part of 2009 in Brazil, which was the first time I traveled out of the country.

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Take them to a Caribbean island with european influence.

Dutch Antilles
    British Virgin Islands

It seems like you are looking for culture on the trip as well as a good time. There is always some cheap deal for the part of the world.

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

When we going, I'll drive. :lol:

4042 girls week in Italy? Has a nice ring to it.

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I've been thinking.. and I can't come up with just one. I guess I'd be globe trotter. While we're dreamin'.. Id like paved roads that go to Italy, Australia and Ireland. But I'd probably start at home in my own country.

10. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Costa Rica. Rain forests, beautiful beaches, stable economy, safe.

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Ireland, Scotland, England, Iceland, Switzerland, Germany, France, Israel, Egypt, Bermuda, Australia, Brazil, Canada...

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I forget who it was, a relative or acquaintance, but they got Monaco and Morocco mixed up, and Morocco was not what they were planning on. :mrgreen:

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Being old and set in my ways, most of my foreign travel for pleasure involves an English speaking country. I have seen Great Britain a plenty, Australia might be my next foreign vacation.

14. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Somebody's been reading too many travel brochures.... :):)

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Spent time in Italy (Sicily to be exact), Greece, Germany, Spain, and England with a side trip here and there to a few other coutnries for long weekends. Of those I'd say I'd go back to England. Being older now I'd like to see more things than I did in my younger/clubbing/partying days.

Craig

16. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Ya think? :) Actually, I've been there!

17. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I said "friends". :mrgreen::jester::mrgreen: Is your car water equipped?

Sherry

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Dad's got a boat and so does my BIL. :lol::lol:
    It may take us a while to get there tho.

19. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Niagara falls is incredible, been probably 4 or 5 times. Canadian side is better if you have a passport. Back when I went we didnt need one.

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i'm in, when we leaving:cheers: