Where's Jen?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by frugalmomoftwo, Sep 6, 2007.

1. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Jen, I too will miss your humble opinion. It was, honestly, the best part of the paper. Your topics were always interesting and there is little else printed that I ever bothered to read. Since I didn't get it in the mail, because of where I live, I went out of my way to be sure to pick it up. I don't have to do that any longer :-( Contacting the webbie might be a good idea - the other area papers are going downhill lately as well - all they are good for anymore is lining a puppy crate:neutral:

2. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I use it to line my parrot cages! I did read Jennifers but really nothing else..to much sports in there and I'm into that stuff. I thought it was cool that when I came here that Jennifer was on here, I felt like I met someone important hehe..
    Good luck Jennifer in what ever you do.
    Sheri

3. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

Jen.
    it occured to me that we have met.
    i made the special cake at a demo. that Kaci had at the club house.
    you where not feeling well (newley pregnant at the time)and we had to cancel.
    do you remember the cake? I know Harley girl will.
    and I will miss your column and the paper since i now have no reason to look at it.
    please contact the webbie we(my family) love to read your stuff!!!.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  4. twisty

twisty Well-Known Member

I'm with the rest that I'm sorry to see your column leave us, Jen. As a mom with a child the same age as your eldest I always enjoyed your perspective on parenting and other topics. I have to say I also think that letting someone have that kind of news via email is pretty unprofessional. Best of luck to you.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

A ha! I remember you, and I remember the cake too ! LOL!!!

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Do I EVER! That was freaking awesome and funny as heck! Now I know who you are!

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Told ya she was good people:-D

8. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Curious to see the editor felt J.T.'s column had more value than yours. I can rarely get passed the first paragraph of his ... especially since he started posting about things like the stroller his wife purchased for her cats. :rolleyes: It might be that you actually posted an opinion on topics.

9. Stinger_6

Stinger_6 Well-Known Member

Oh Dear God, how will I ever be able to make it through the week without knowing every little detail about Jen's husband, her kids, or her aunt's, uncle's and cousins? I just lived for Wednesdays when I could crack open the paper and find out how long it took Jen's daughter to tie her shoes for the first time! A few years ago it was actually a good column with Jen's opinions and outlook on things, but frankly after she got married it was all puppy-dog tails and cupcakes and rainbows. It just turned into a blog of Jen's family life. Personally, I get tired of thinking about the boring details of my life. The last thing I want to do is read about the boring details of someone elses.

Now there's a freaking great idea! The only problem with it is that I speak the truth, and the only way John Cate let's anyone write anything in that rag is if they rave about a new buy here/pay here car lot in the area or aspouse the DNC liberal-whacko point of view. Well, maybe I could get in if I used the term "Raleigh South" at least three times in each column...

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I remember the cake! :shock: and still have a business cars somewhere... :mrgreen:

11. Curious

Curious Well-Known Member

Obviously, I haven't been on the board a lot lately or I would have know that Jen's column had been cancelled. That explains why I looked 3 times through the whole paper trying to find her column while waiting in the carpool line at CMS! I loved reading her column every week...it made carpool line almost bearable! I will truly miss it! :cry:

12. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Thank you guys, I'm still not sure right now where I'm gonna be headed with my work, but as soon as I figure it out, I'll make sure to let you know.