white oak expansion

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bostonredhead, May 18, 2014.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Actually they are building the 6 flags out by the South Plantation Development. That's why they need to cut down all the trees LOL :jester:

2. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

I've noticed activity picking up on the west side of White Oak Rd, just south of US 70. Is that managed by the same group as the current White Oak Shopping Center?

It's hard to imagine Timber Dr. E when it's all built up like they're planning for. In 20 years, we might look back at a picture of the White Oak area and not even be able to recognize it.

3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

that area is owned by Core Properties also.

4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  5. Rockyv58

6. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

7. silverdevil

silverdevil Active Member

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  8. Rockyv58

I had to go get a tire replaced at the BJ's yesterday. I see they are adding a traffic light right where I-40 east bound comes in to 70. That will be great. Countless times I have come off that ramp and have almost been hit when trying to get across so I could turn left at White Oak. People on 70 west bound drive like bats out of hell through that that section

9. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

I would definitely like a Harris Teeter, Multiplex Cinema, and Petsmart up at 4042. All pricey in my opinion, but there are certain things at Harris Teeter and Petsmart that I can't find anywhere else. Joco needs more entertainment places too, I think. An Adventure Landing would be nice but that's the kid in me :)

10. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We were down there last weekend and were wondering how they will possibly manage the merging onto 70 West from I40 East once Cabelas and the other stores go in. They almost need a separate access from I40. And it would be great to add access to I40 down near Abberley Place for those who want to get back on I40 East. Silly to have to come through the shopping center, get on 70 just to exit on 40. That place will be a traffic nightmare!

11. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I think the new intersection from I40E to US70W will be similar to this one at I95S and 610W:
    https://goo.gl/maps/8jA9n
    I've gotten off at that exit many time, great design. The traffic light is for people making a left at the next light only, like to go to Wawa.

12. Rockyv58

Gosh I have not been to a Wawa in ages

13. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Well Lucy, if you want you can help raise funds for me to open my dream park. Go karts mini golf, horseback riding, paintball, etc. My ideal location for this is the property on hwy 50 next to the cvs at 210. Id love to open shop there and have an ice cream shop similar to coldstone, but less expensive.
    Donate today and you can get a free go kart ride. Lol

14. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

15. jesse82nc

Personally, I would love to see a Carrabba's somewhere in the Southeast part of the city, Garner, Clayton, 40/42. It sucks having to drive all the way to Cary or North Raleigh.

16. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Exactly, something other than another sports bar, Chinese take away/buffet, pizza, Mexican, fast food. And no more nail salons/tanning salons and dollar stores.

17. silverdevil

silverdevil Active Member

Their was a rumor that Olive Garden, Red Lobster and Panera Bread were coming to White Oak but nothing official yet.

18. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

i keep hearing belk's is moving to white oak area but not white oak commons.

19. jesse82nc

I doubt Red Lobster would open a new restaurant. They are in pretty bad financial times right now, the company that owned them for years just sold it off. But I would take an Olive Garden.

There was talk of that years ago. They were going to build a mall on the west side of White Oak Road, between Timber and 70. I think it got put on hold due to the economy.

20. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Very good likelihood that you'll see a Panera in the new areas of White Oak. May very likely be a stand alone building/out parcel. There is one like this in Morehead City, but most of the ones I have seen are in a strip mall.