Who is from JC

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Oct 21, 2005.

?

Who is from Johnston County?

1. Yes, from JC

99.5%
  2. No, not from JC

0.5%
  1. Firemanwife

Firemanwife Well-Known Member

I'm from Long Island, I have family in Poughkeepsie. Well you know when you are up there talking about moving here, everyone tries to talk you out of comming by telling you how nobody likes "yankees" and how they are still fighting the confedaracy(sp) sorry if I spelt it wrong. Like I said i've been here a year or so and I have yet to meet a originally north carolinian(again sp) I know they are down here, it is just that everyone I have spoken to has been from somewhere else, not only up North either, anywhere. Well I just try to keep my distance from the cars with that flag on there grill in it kind of scarey- mainly cause I really don't understand the whole point of it cause I was never tought about it really! Maybe I am just dumb when it comes to that stuff, I should have paid more attention in history class! LOL

2. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Well, I'm originally from here and I don't hate people, no matter where they come from. I might not appreciate it when people move here and try to make NC like the place they just moved from, but I certainly don't hate them. :wink:

3. Firemanwife

Well that is good to know! I'll send that message up to my firends and family. Speaking of that, a little funny story, my family was visiting during "Mule Days" and we were at the fire house showing them around and we were saying how we wanted to go, and the fireman told us not to, Is it really that bad? They told us that we really would not fit in there, cause I have a hard time hiding my "NY" they put it as. So we didn't go and I feel like I missed ot on something did I?

4. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Can't help you there, I've never been to Mule Days. :?

5. Firemanwife

Okay well I just thought it was funny that they told me not to go cause i couldn't hide my NY! Well anyway it was nice chatting with you, I'm sure we will talk again!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

You should have gone...other than your initial shock at the large number of rednecks and rebel flags, you would have been fine :lol:

7. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Where in KY? I have friends in Elizabethtown, family in Radcliff, family in Irvington and family that lives on the other side of Louisville in Indiana (Georgetown). When I lived in Ky, we use to go to a club on the Meade county/Hardin county line and we would go to Bardstown to buy beer and such. My grandparents use to live in Axtel, close to Rough River Dam State Park.

Ky will always be home!!

8. Firemanwife

Yeah maybe next year!

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Born and raised in St.Louis, MO til I moved to Wilkes-Barre, PA .. .moved back to St.Louis ... then moved to Hackensack, NJ ... then moved here. This place was like finding Heaven when I moved down here from NJ.

10. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

Born and raised in Montgomery County (Gateway to the Uwharries) for 18 years then moved to New Hanover County and lived there 12 years. Moved to Johnston County a little over 2 years ago.

11. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Uh... gateway to the ... what? Uwharries? :? :?:

12. ksmahgrts

ksmahgrts Well-Known Member

born and raised in a tiny town outside of boston, ma. moved here in 2000 the night before "the big snow"

hubby was raised in iredell county and came to raleigh for college.

we've been johnston county-ans for a little more than 2 years

13. Anonymous

Iredell county? me too. Where?

14. ksmahgrts

statesville. his dad's still operating a business and living there.

in fact, hubby's there right now! i had to teach this weekend and couldn't go :cry:

15. Anonymous

My Dad lives in Statesville too. Worked as a barber there for 50 years. Bet my Dad knows his Dad :lol:

16. le

le Well-Known Member

i grew up in northern ky, right across the ohio river from cincinnati. my family hails from the lynch area, harlan county. gotta brother in walton now and an uncle in somerset.
    the best part of ky is their state parks! nothing could beat a state park vacation, (lake barkley is my favorite)...well until i found the derby parties in college!
    e'town was where we stopped each year on our way to florida for brunch at shoney's. i used to refer to the town as the big golf ball!

17. ksmahgrts

small world... hubby needs a haircut desperately too! :lol: i'm sure he probably knows of him, at least. from our few trips out there, it doesn't seem to be a huge place. although hubby says it's grown immeasurably since his youth.

18. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Local!
    Born in Wake Co. lived here 18 years, then in Raleigh 20-ish years now back here.

19. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Each time I go back, I cannot believe how much E-town has grown. Headed that way on Nov 9th, well to Indianapolis for band (will be staying with my Grandmother in Georgetown, which is only 1 hr from Indy), but will be going to E-town and Radcliff.

Ky does have some great parks and it is beautiful country! We use to got to Rough River quite often. I started school in Axtel, where my grandparents use to live. Never went to Kindergarten, but started first grade at the Catholic school right up the road and the first week of school got a paddling from a nun because I wouldn't do my jumping jacks. She used a ping pong paddle and hit the same spot on my leg until I decided to finally do my excercises. I became very close to that nun and right before we moved, she got killed in a car accident.

I try to go home every chance I get to see my relatives and right now it is very critical I go. My grandmother will be 89 this next year and not in the best of health and I have an uncle that has throat cancer and they are giving him maybe 6 months to possibly a year to live. We are a very close family.

20. Originally from Staten Island,NY! How you doin?