Who is going shopping the day after

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sassymom, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Crabtree Valley Mall - Belks opens at 4:00 AM! We always get KILLER deals at Belks in the wee hours of Black Friday. We are usually done shopping and back home by 12:00 - love it!

2. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Never been to the outlets on BF. Is there usually good sales? just a certain percent off or what? thanks

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

The outlets are a mad house on thanksgiving. My SIL waited over 3 hours in line to pay for her stuff the last time she was there. Parking is awful too.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's a big ole "don't go there". Went once, it was so not worth it. 8)

5. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

We attempted to go to the Smithfield outlets a few years ago on BF AM and it was total insanity! There were no parking places, cars were parked along the side of the road all the way to Bob Evans, people driving around like they were 1/2 crazy trying to squeeze into every nook and cranny that werent even parking places, 1 of the stores shut down because a fight broke out inside, Yankee Candle had a line stretched waaaaay down the sidewalk and they were only letting 30 people in at a time, etc.... Even if they were giving stuff away, that place is too crazy and in my opinion, too dangerous for me to go shopping there on BFriday. Based on what I saw, that place is a fight or a wreck waiting to happen and I dont want to be involved in either one. The mall at 5:00 AM is not crowded, by 9:00 it starts getting pretty full, but by then, I am about done and ready to leave anyways! :)

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Will there be online bargains on Black Friday?

7. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

yes, some r starting on thursday online, just do a search at the stores you are interested in and they should tell you on the sites

8. Now, that's the way to shop the day after Thanksgiving! :cheers:

9. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

so my ?, I have never been to lowes on black friday, they open at 6am, so if I get there at 5 will that be good to get what I want? to be sure not that many people go to lowes first thing in the morning, right?

10. seabee

seabee Guest

Lonnie poole golf course.... :cheers::cheers::cheers:

11. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Seabee,
    Sounds like a plan....I haven't taken my sticks for a walk this year. I hear that it's a course that requires good management, and also favors long hitters on some holes. Unfortunately, I have neither excellent control or the long hitter side.
    Enjoy the round.

NO WAY I'm going anywhere near a retail place.

12. seabee

seabee Guest

beer will still be cold and refreshing.... :cheers: sure not to hard to enjoy any round... :cheers::cheers:

I heard the same about that course.... Tallamore on Saturday... its a beauty down in pinehurst...

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm sleeping in. :mrgreen:

14. My dad did some tree work for them not long ago. He likes that course too.

15. michelle

Old Navy opens at 3 am! I won't be there.

16. Hubby is looking through all the sales ads and just informed me he wants to wake up at 3:00am to hit the stores. I'm going to do it for him. I am seriously crazy.

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving! I'm pretty sure I gained 5 pounds.:ack::ack::ack:

17. michelle

We were at Walmart on 42 tonight and the place was dead. They were clearing floor space for the black friday deals.

18. We're still at the beach. I get the feeling there are going to be some major crowds tomorrow. There are so many people here! We're going to the Coastal Grand Mall (I think that's the name of it)

19. michelle

20. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

going to the dog park tomorrow.