WHO IS YOUR PET...

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by MommySAIDno, Aug 29, 2007.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

They are doing just fine! The cat can adapt anywhere and Shelby's probably thinking "why all the boxes, are we moving again?" :lol:

2. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

On a break here, so first things first. . .

Harley, Mattie is simply gorgeous! Shelby is adorable and so sweet looking. They sure look different with haircuts, don't they? Mine are constantly being cut down, full coats, though beautiful are a lot of upkeep and make for so much additional housecleaning.

SB - Yeah, that little **** rules the roost - at least the Percy and Quincy let him think he does. . .Jimmy is so laid back, he could care who rules (Quincy is Alpha BTW) but that little thing, he jumps up and hangs off the chest hair of the big guys and growls and snarls - he sounds crazed, and they just put up with it, like it's a joke to them :lol:

casidyc - thanks, I think they're beautiful too, but then again, I'm a bit biased and also think 99% of furry friends are.

le - lol, that's the story of my life too! We have three rooms in the house to 'sit and relax' in - however, walk in the direction of any of them, and those mutts sleak in before you and claim a spot. . .ditto with the bed at night. Don't dare get up to go potty, or your spot will be taken when you return. (many a night I've moved into a guest room, or just took up on a sofa:roll:

frogger - yup, Quincy's Mom. . .with all of the return visits we've done at schools, the office staff always needed to be reminded of my name, but never his :) I was simply 'window dressing' :lol:

rush - If you go to www.photobucket.com you can get a free account and upload your photos from your pc to it. Then, when you post, you simply copy and paste the IMG code to your post and voila!

3. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

BTW - the **** above was for a word that got knocked out that was clean. . .it rhymes with 'word' and starts with a 't' :?

4. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

We have 5 at the moment. Here they are, in order of age:

Bubba - 10 year old tuxedo cat, rescued from the side of the road as a kitten when his mama got hit by a car. He's the patriarch of the family, and a very handsome boy. He's all dressed up, complete with bow tie and white gloves. [​IMG]

Grizzy - 9 year old Chow/Aussie mix. She has major attitude, scares the daylights out of everyone that comes around but has never made a move to bite anyone. She protects all of us, including "her" cats. Absolute Alpha dog but obedient to us. My DH would choose her over me. [​IMG]

Peanut - 8 year old blind cat. He's a buff-colored tabby. Showed up on our back porch as a sickly kitten in Grizzy's bowl, trying to eat the dog food. He was so weak he couldn't stand up and his eyes were swollen and mattered shut. I took him to Dr Beretich in Dunn thinking he would "end it" but instead he said "He just need antibiotics and food." We nursed him back to health and he's one of the most affectionate cats I've ever seen. Tough guy DH loves him, too. [​IMG]

Coco - 2-1/2 year old Chow mix, we think she may be mixed with Border Collie. She's all black and makes no sound. She was a foster dog that didn't have a bright future because she's a little scary at first. We were slightly nervous around her to begin with because of the silence. Now she's my baby. She is always in the room with me no matter where I am. [​IMG]

Jasmine - 6 month old kitten we just got from Dr Beretich. She was a shelter kitty so I guess you could say I rescued her, but she was in no danger. I just fell in love with her. She's the princess at the moment. Very spoiled, pretty long haired silver and black tabby. [​IMG]

Baxter - He left us in May. He was a 2 year old gray and brown tabby cat, and just vanished. Of course, he was the coolest cat in the world. Loved people, dogs, loved to catch frogs out of the pond. We live on 3 acres and are 1/2 mile off the road so I never worried about letting him outside to play. My mistake. I still can't talk about him too much. [​IMG]

Ok, that was 6, but I couldn't leave out my buddy Baxter.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  5. dephygravitee

dephygravitee Well-Known Member

I have a beautiful 8 year old male Golden Retriever named Dukat....we have had him since he was a pup and he is the most family oriented wonderful guy in the world!!!! He proved this to me again tonight when we welcomed our newest addition home tonight and he made instant friends....

I followed the great advice on here and found a puppy that needed a home. Tonight we brought home 13 week old Pickle....a soft cuddly Golden Retriever to hang out with our big guy....he has been here only 30 minutes and already the two of them are the best of buddies!

6. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Our furry kids are:

Ally - an 8 y/o West Highland White Terrier. She is a true princess and her Daddy's heartbeat-she's a real Daddy's girl. Ally is the social butterfly of the family, never met a stranger!

Taz - a 4 y/o Black Cairn Terrier. He is so funny, he talks! His Aunt Vickie (aka Zookeeper) says he sounds like Chewbacca from Star Wars. He only talks to people he likes and feels comfortable around. He can be a little shy until he gets to know you but then he is a real snuggle bug.

Bogie - a 1 y/o Sable Pomeranian & the baby of the family. We adopted Bogie about 8 months ago and he has become the 3rd Musketeer in our pack of dogs. Taz and Bogie are practically inseparatable, they are best buds. Bogie is such a little comedian, he plays with toys and entertains himself (and us watching him) for 30 minutes at a time.

7. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I've just got a minute, havent even read thru the whole thread yet ... but I'm proudly owned by a red-tri Mini-Aussie named Bailey, my best friend whose life's purpose is to anticipate and predict my every move ... a white german shepherd named Willow who has taught me more patience and caring and giving and acceptance and support than I ever thought possible ... a black cat named Cinder who shares her opinions with me and is willing to discuss ANY topic ... and a pink kissing gourami fish that died once and came back to life - I'm convinced it's a zombie, and I'm scared of it. Will post pictures as soon as I get a few minutes. :)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  8. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Mine is my avatar, Sheba. She is 17 years old, and very opinionated. She knows she is the queen of the household.

9. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Copper - Beagle/Lab mix; the perfect dog for boys. He is almost 2 years old and still quite the puppy. He will fetch anything and do it for hours. He is on e of the best dogs I have had but he is quite the attention hog. One thing I cannot get him to stop doing is chewing on everything! The boys have learned to not leave their toys in the back yard or they will not be in one piece when they go back to get them.

Poof - Dalmation Molly (just had babies!)
    Junior - Goldfish witha black stripe down his back (my son named him after DE Jr)
    Meanie - male Dalmation Molly. He chases the other fish all of the time
    Baby - one of Poof's babies that made it.
    Grumpy - Silver molly
    Grumpy's wife - Female Silver Molly

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  10. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

How do you add images to your posts?

11. KDsGrandma

You can do it in "User CP" If you want to use one of your own pictures, you can host it on photobucket, resize it to avatar. If you want to use a clever icon from some other site, just google avatar and you will find hundreds of them. Once you know what image you want to use, then go to User CP and follow the directions.

12. KDsGrandma

P.S.

The above reply was assuming you were asking about an avatar. If you want to post a picture of your pet in your message, just host it on photobucket and then you can post it here. Photobucket gives you several choices, I use "direct link" instead of the one for forums. Then just click on the little postcard icon above your message, copy the direct link into the dialog box, and that should do it.

13. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Thanks - this is what I was asking about

14. elims

elims Well-Known Member

A couple shots of my kids ... Bailey, the mini-aussie ... Cinder, the cat who talks to us all, and Willow, my special white girl.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

Oh MY! I bet Willow can hear what's going on in China right now:lol: :shock: :mrgreen:

Cinder looks like she is about to tell Willow off in that pic.

Cute babies you have there - all of them!

16. falcon

falcon Well-Known Member

does it have to have fur??

17. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Fur, Fins, Feathers, Scales, Skin ... am I missing anything? :D

18. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Thanks! Cinder and Willow have an odd relationship ... Willow cant figure out why the cat doesnt want to 'play' with her ... especially because Cinder and Bailey DO play. Bailey knows the #1 rule: Cinder ALWAYS Wins!

And yeah, Willow never really grew in to her ears, even tho she's 90-some-odd- pounds ... *grin*

19. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

Nope - any pet will do (just don't list your wife/girlfriend or kids as pets;) :lol: ..hubbys and boyfriends do qualify though;) :mrgreen: j/k) Wait a sec - on second thought...my kids do act like animals at times too;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure we'd all love to see some pics and hear some info about your falcon (I think I read that's what you have - guessing I'm correct by your username:mrgreen: )

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

OK, it has been long enough for me to post my babies - once Mayan passed away i could not bring myself to do it but here are all my babies:

Mayan - a beautiful 16yo Eskimo Spitz who passed away 08/20
    Gracie - our newest addition to our family - Jack Russell Terrior who is not a year old yet.
    Blue - our wide open Border Collie who will be 8yo in Oct
    Indi - my sweet Blue Crowned Conure who turned 4yo on July 4th
    Luci - my loving Green Wing Macaw who turned 3yo in July
    Blonki - my albino ferret that was a rescue 4 years ago and i have no idea how old he is but he is a total sweetheart
    Tooki - my newest rescue ferret, the sweetest litlle loving thing, not sure her age but she is still very young and has a great time chasing Gracie:-D

We also have two fish tanks full but i could not even begin to list all their names:-D