WHO IS YOUR PET...

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by MommySAIDno, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

mine is in my avatar. there are two of them, they are twins. so the avatar times 2. thats it. she covers her eyes when she naps.

their names: when fighting, cujo and lucifer

when not fighting piggles and whiskers:-D

2. falcon

falcon Well-Known Member

His name is Zeke. He weighs a grand total of 33 ounces. I trapped him near NCState for the purpose of falconry. I got him when he was about 6 months old and taught him how to hunt squirrels and bring them back to me. Quite an interesting hobby actually. Being able to take a wild bird and train it to do what you want it to. Well sometimes... There is alot of misinformation on how this is done. Certain people say we starve these birds but that is not true. If you are too hungry you will most likely not listen to anyone and go find food reguardless of what you are told. Same thing with these birds. We put alot of time and effort in our birds so mistreating them is not something that is done. As soon as I can figure out how to attatch a pic to my post I will put one up for you to see how big he is.

3. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Falcon, do you have pictures of Zeke on your computer? If you do, just go here and follow the instructions.

4. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Just had to rejoice that I FINALLY sat down long enough to FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST THESE PICTURES!!! Sorry they're so big... :?

5. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

Coco looks just like my dog Lizzie. All your babies are beautiful.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I can't believe how big Coco is now! :shock: What are you feeding that dog? :lol:

I've had the pleasure of meeting Griz and Coco and believe me, Grizz will scare the crap out of ya! :lol:

7. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

It's the angle, seriously. Coco is smaller than Griz. She's really skinny because all she does is run all day. She also had her big winter coat on in that pic.

8. falcon

falcon Well-Known Member

Sorry for the long response. I have been working out of town everyday. Anyhow I will post his pics soon and put the link.

9. falcon

falcon Well-Known Member

10. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Wow...you do have your hands full.

11. Rostrawberry

Adorable dog :)

12. Rostrawberry

My husband, he is a real mutt...:) J/k

Don't have any animals at the moment since we are renting but once we are able, we are going to get a dog for our girls.

Since all of you have exepriences with various types of animals especially dogs, you can give me some ideas of what kind of dog I should get down the road. I do know I want something small to medium size and gets along with kids.

What about boarder collies (I always loved the movie "lassie")?

13. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

You might mean a sheltie. They are smaller than Border collies. They are wonderful dogs, very smart and sweet. I have heard Border collies are a challenge-high strung and need a good deal of exercise. We have a Border mix, though, and she is great. Although our yard is a minefield of holes she has dug and she is constantly trying to herd us throughout the house. Kind of a pain if you are trying to get ready in a hurry.
    You will definitely get some great suggestions when the rescue people chime in.

14. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Your right on the border collie they are way highstrung. Shelties are great dogs as well, was trying to get my parents to get one but they got a ragdoll cat instead and he is a trip..great cat. Anyways, I have pugs, and with all the dogs I have had they are the best to have with children I think. Both of mine are great with my daughter.
    Sheri

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

There was a thread on Shelties not long ago, you might try searching for that in this forum. Great dogs, but bark tons. Border collies are great too, very smart, but they need a "job". Aren't they ranked as one of the smartest breeds?

I am repeating myself here I am sure, but we currently have 2 cats, one we got at a pumpkin patch up in VA, she loves my son like crazy but could care less about anyone else, her name is Sarah. Then we have "my" cat, acts very dog-like, follows me all over the house, her name is "Little Bit". Great company. Recently acquired an adorable aquatic turtle named "Scooter" and his tank mates are two dwarf guaramis. That's it...................................for now.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2007
  16. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

I have a field setter, their the smallest of the setter breeds and are very intelligent, gentle and very devoted to the family. Think of the Irish Setter, without the hyperness, smaller in size (males are about 50lb. max) not as much feathering with the hair, do very well in the home, great with kids and other dogs.

17. Rostrawberry

Thanks for the all the great tibits....decisions, decisions and decisions. LOL

18. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

Our best dog was a beagle/lab mix, really kind of a "sooner". She was gentle and devoted to the kids, protective in a nice way. She was also really quirky and funny. I could never figure out why she would cry, moan, sigh and groan instead of barking until I met a friend's full-blooded beagle.

19. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

So true. I had a neighbor that got a beagle for his little boy. I told him that if the dog wasn't going to be in the home that the dog would be hard to contain in a simple dog pen, they like to climb fences and dig. He said things were taken care of, well the dog became an escape artist, getting out of everything he built, once again I informed him that he'd better cement the flooring and place a roof on the top of the pen, he didn't and the dog ended up gone for good. My granddaddy hunted with a pack of beagles and he always said that a beagle is never happier than when he's with his pack and hunting. Loved my granddaddy, God rest his soul.

20. falcon

falcon Well-Known Member

I have 2 labs (fixed) I will give you. They are good with kids but wont leave my quail alone.