Who was her vet?

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by froggerplus, Sep 5, 2007.

1. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Hey all~

When I got Angelina, I forgot to ask who her vet had been. I've tried to contact her previous owner (a few months ago) but haven't heard anything back.

How can I find out who her vet was? I was told she was up to date on all her shots, so that *should* include rabies, but I need to know when that expires.

Thanks!
    Frogger

2. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Was she wearing a rabies tag?

If so, you can trace the tag number back to the vet who administered it - unless it was done at a rabies clinic - then you only find out who/where she may have received the vaccination.

Did she come from a rescue group, or from an individual owner?

3. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Oh, forgot to add, Is she microchipped? If so, many times if you call the 800#, they will have owner contact numbers, alternate contact numbers and veterinary contact information. IF she is chipped, you need to contact them to change her information.

IF you are unsure if she may be chipped, you can take her to any vet and they will scan her for a chip. MOST vets offices will do this without an appointment and it is FREE - it only takes a minute - just have a piece of paper to copy down her chip number when they give it to you.

IF she came from a shelter, or rescue originally, the chances are fair that she has a chip.

4. froggerplus

Zoo~

She came from a private home, don't know if she was chipped. I'll have to check. I don't remember seeing a tag, but I'll check the drawer where I put all her stuff when I brought her home.

I really need to make sure her rabies is up to date, even though she's strictly indoors. You never know when they'll slip out the door...

Frogger

5. le

le Well-Known Member

fp - is she a young kitty?

&

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Froggie, is the thread still on here where i referred you to? i cannot remember the posters name either.

BTW, Happy Birthday girl, so sorry i missed it telling you on your special day.

7. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

9. froggerplus

Rock on, KDs! I couldn't find the thread.

Thanks, everyone. Going to see the Little One get her white sash in a few...after I feed said kitty who is looking at me with daggers right now...

Frogger