Why is Wendys in Smithfield closed down?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by timmy wayne strickland, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Does anyone knows why Wendy`s in Smithfield closed down?

2. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Probably the same reason the one on 70 in Clayton closed, sorry don't know but several have closed.

3. I found out. Wendy`s was sold to another company

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yep they had to be dumped because of the Tim Horton's / Burger King acquisition.

5. well at least we have one in Selma

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

What's Tim Horton/Burger King have to do with Wendy's?

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Tim Horton's used to be owned by Wendy's International.

Burger King has now purchased Tim Horton's (Read Tax Dodge)

8. Rockyv58

Thanks

9. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

no tim horton's in this area. i seriously doubt this had anything to do with any wendy's closing in our area.

10. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

They announced several months ago that they were going to try to sell 640 company-owned locations or close them. I wonder if that location was company-owned.

11. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

When was Wendy's sold to another company? There's nothing in the news about this.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I would have to Google it but I think it is more that Wendy's sold off their profitable business, Tim Hortons, and is now trying to stem the losses with the remaining business.

13. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

^^This.

14. baseballer

baseballer Active Member

how about the one on 210 & 40?

15. youwish2bme

youwish2bme Well-Known Member

Is that the one at 70 business and 95? Didn't they just completely renovate that one last year?

16. jesse82nc

I searched google quite hard on this one, I couldn't find anything in the news about it - https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...en&gl=us&authuser=0&tbm=nws&q=wendy's+closing

There's a few articles about Tim Horton's closing and opening new locations though - https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gl=us&tbm=nws&authuser=0&q=wendy's&oq=wendy's&gs_l=news-cc.3...367.2001.0.2153.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1ac.1.#hl=en&gl=us&authuser=0&tbm=nws&q=tim+horton

And when did the Wendy's in Clayton close? I was just there not long ago and they were open. In fact they did a complete renovation of the building not but a year or so ago.

17. Rockyv58

Jesse82nc I think maybe they are thinking of the Wendy's in the Wal mart shopping plaza across from the RV lot. That Wendy's has been closed a while. The other Wendy's on 70 just remodeled last year.

18. jesse82nc

Ahh ok, I didn't even know there was a Wendy's there. I stay away from that shopping center as it seems a bit sketchy sometimes. How long has that one been closed?

Rockyv58 likes this.
  19. Rockyv58

Been closed for years

20. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

which one was she talking about. There was one in Smithfield on Old US 70 near where 210 comes in. old K mart. I think that closed. There is still one on Bright leaf, plus another by 70/I 95 intersection.

I figure it closed due to lack of business. With the bypass going by its slow over there.