Windows question

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by MommySAIDno, Jan 7, 2008.

1. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

Well, I tried clicking it...tried dragging it...tried dragging it faster and I even plugged it in...several times (to the USB port BTW)...darn thing still won't work.:lol::lol::lol:

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

mice are cheap, just go get her a wireless. :mrgreen:

3. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

The only way to check if the mouse is bad is to use it on another PC. Kell's right, mice are cheap. Best place for used is the thrift stores. They have tons of them for a buck!! Try to find an "optical" at least.

4. MommySAIDno

Strange thing is, the mouse worked fine until I got windows fixed. As soon as I got the system up and running, mouse stopped responding. I tried another mouse on the computer - same thing. Could something cause the system to be unable to respond to the mouse?

5. MommySAIDno

someone...ANYone...HELP! I am going to lose my mind if I don't get my DD's computer running for her. Now my own computer is acting goofy too (but that's another thread) and I'm SO very frustrated.

I just KNOW I am SOOooooo close to having DD's computer fixed. It HAS to be something simple.

I bought XP, booted up with the disk in and it fixed the original problem I posted at the beginning...after I did what SS posted to do - choose run with last known good config.

So I'm all happy that windows loads and the desktop pops up and I think it's all good. But then, mouse won't move.

I try another mouse - same thing. Today, I decided to boot up using the pcfix disk I bought off ebay. And as long as I do that...the mouse WORKS FINE.:banghead:

WHY??? When I boot from the hard drive and the mouse is frozen, I AM able to navigate using the keyboard. Is there something I can do to see WHY the mouse will not work.

And I am afraid to ask if it could be the mouse drivers because her computer is not internet ready. I cringe at the thought of having to haul it upstairs and unhook mine and hook hers up and then figure out how to get online with it and then figure out how to download new drivers for the mouse. How the heck could I do that anyway with the mouse not working?:x:banghead:

6. MommySAIDno

Hey Ken,
    actually, it is a USB mouse. If the port were fried, would the mouse still work when I boot up using the pcfix disk?

7. MommySAIDno

WOO HOO - YOU GUYS ROCK!!

:hurray::hurray::hurray: [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ken, I honestly can't tell you just how thankful I am! Would you believe I took another mouse (this one, a PS2) and plugged it in, rebooted ...and IT WORKS!

I still don't understand why the USB mouse I had plugged into the USB port on the keyboard would not work when booted from hard drive but WOULD work when booted from pcfix disk. And I had tried switching the mouse before too?????[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But DD's computer is working and I'm happy. Now I can move on to the troubles on MY computer while DD starts catching up on her work. She is very:cry: right now.

Thanks to ALL of you who contributed info out of the goodness of your heart which helped a desperate Mom get her DD's school computer up and running again!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Please Lord...let DD's computer STAY fixed now