WJHS Student & Another Person Drown in Wreck

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bosoxfan, Mar 29, 2010.

1. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7356105

This is right around the corner from us. Prayers to the families of those involved.

Gotta be extra careful driving through standing water. I drove through some on Lee Rd. this morning that I couldn't see until I was in it - still dark out and around a curve. The undercarriage of my car got a good bath. Fortunately I've got some new tires so I held the road real well.

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I was just coming on here to post that.

Any idea who the child was? So sad, that's 2 in 2 weeks.

3. bosoxfan

No idea who it was, yet. Names haven't been released until next of kin are notified. Looks like it happened on Steel Bridge right after you turn from Lee Rd. and go around the first curve.

Very sad indeed.

4. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

so very sad! prayers for the families!

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

My daughter travels right through there on the way to school.
    I just sent her a text, she has known the girl since middle school. Not sure about the boy. I hate JoCo roads -

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

they've just updated the news article on the accident with one of the students names.

JOHNSTON COUNTY (WTVD) -- Two students from West Johnston High School drowned south of Clayton Monday when the car they were riding in landed in a creek and filled with water.

Related Photos

[​IMG]
    Johnston County wreck
    View all 8 photos

It happened around 7 a.m. along Steel Bridge Road at Lee Road. That's south of Clayton.
    The North Carolina Highway Patrol identified on of the dead as 16-year-old Alissa Chanette of Clayton.
    It's unclear if she was the driver or passenger in the small Chevy sedan.
    Divers later recovered the body of a male West Johnston student from the water. His name wasn't released pending notification of family.
    Investigators said flood water appeared to have been over the road at the time of the crash - causing the car to lose control. It landed upside down in a creek beside the road.

7. bosoxfan

The link that I posted now has her name listed, but the male occupant's name is still withheld. They were originally saying that he was not a student, but I see that's been changed as well.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  8. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

So sad, such young lives come to a tragic end :neutral: many prayers for their family and friends

9. michelle

According to her facebook page she was pregnant . . . :cry:

10. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

I just read that as well, so very tragic!

11. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

that was not all that happened ......another west johnston boy named Thomas shot himself over his girlfriend..
    according to my daughter.

Alissa was prego but her baby daddy was at school. I have no idea who the other person is.

12. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Please gets facts straightened out before posting. This is going to be very hard for all those involved without a rumor mill.

13. michelle

Both of the student's names have been released on WTVD's website.

The fact that she was pregnant (not judging, just stating) came from her own facebook page.

14. maybe she wasn't talking about you

15. crunchymom

crunchymom Well-Known Member

WRAL is reporting:

"The victims were identified as Christopher Paul Kosmos, 18, of Angier, and Alissa Chanette, 16, of Clayton."

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

her facebook page says that Chris Kosmos was her boyfriend.

for anyone without FaceBook access, this is from her page

"i love my chris!! forever and always!! nothings coming btn us :) i love you babe boy :) your the best!! new little baby on the way!!"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1721622594

17. michelle

You're right but WTVD had him listed as Paul Kosmos. I deleted my other post since I don't know it to be fact now.

18. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

I only know what i was told.
    sorry if it was heresay.. i know we are all used to the facts here...lol

19. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

My heart aches for these two young people. Maybe we can all learn something from this tragedy . . .experienced and the inexperienced drivers.

Perhaps JC Schools will consider a delay for flood warnings. We have a delay for just a dusting of snow so why not a delay when there is a flood warning???? And I am not saying this tragedy falls on the schools but that maybe it is something that should be considered. Prayers to the families and friends

20. michelle

:iagree: I think that is an excellent idea. If I had known the roads were that bad this morning I would have made my daughter wait a while before she left. She leaves before me so I had no idea (I slept through all of the storms so I didn't even know it had been raining).