would you use a company if...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ksmahgrts, Jun 8, 2006.

?

Would you...

1. Yes, it's the product that really matters

100.0%
  2. No, it shows a lack of professionalism that will likely reflect in their work

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ksmahgrts

ksmahgrts Well-Known Member

the product seemed to be of good quality and was fairly priced, but their website made them sound like they'd not passed the 3rd grade?

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No, in today's day and age, a good webpage is as important as who answers the phone. First impressions are everything.

4. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

grits wrote
    Some of the people in here sound the same way,,but I would still use them :wink: :lol: :lol:

j/j

5. ksmahgrts

i am just cringing the deeper i get into this company's page.

here's just one little gem... "achieve the best results on a CONSISTANT basis"

yes, their use of caps, not mine. rule of thumb... if you're going to misspell a word, it's best not to SCREAM IT!

:lol:

6. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

grits wrote
    Grits,it could be a typo,a _e is close together and they could have big fingers or a woman could have set their page up :D

whats the product,

7. ksmahgrts

it's a local company - so i'd rather not say - but i had to stop reading because i was on the verge of calling to beg them to enroll at JCCC.

8. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

grits wrote
    yeah right,, :lol: :lol:

9. le

le Well-Known Member

we are all suckers for replying to this poll/post.
    everyone knows grits would NEVAH support idiocy in any form or fashion.
    good luck with that grits!

10. ksmahgrts

i will share a local example that drives me nuts though.

the former garden center that's diagonally across from Cleveland Elementary has all these yellow signs advertising the landscaping they do.

on a yellow background in bold black letters one of them says "Soding"

11. ksmahgrts

hey now... i come here fairly regularly, don't i? :wink:

hiya le - how've you been?

12. le

le Well-Known Member

GOOD ONE!!!
    been well thanks. you?

13. dbs241

dbs241 Well-Known Member

It's SO nice to know I'm not the only one who can't tolerate poor spelling of basic words! My husband teases me about it. If I'm reading a book, no matter how good it is, and I keep finding typographical errors or grammatical errors, I'll quit reading the book because all I can think about is the mistakes I've seen. I've even corrected the menu at a restaurant & called the manager's attention to it because it bugged me so much. Done the same thing with a website once or twice, too. The webmaster usually appreciates it if I'm nice about it. LOL

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I caught that, too. :lol: But, I figured they were more botanist than etymologist.

15. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

I’m with ya grits. A website for someone’s business isn’t the same as posting on a message board. Work should be checked over for errors - as it’s the first impression someone may get about their business.

There are a lot of signs - locally that make me do a double-take...

One on Cleveland School Road, I want to say it’s between Barber Mill and Swift Creek - It’s pretty big, on the left side going toward Smithfield - Haven’t been that route in a while, and now purposely don’t look at it cause it bugs me, but it says something about a ‘trackter garden’ or ‘tracktor garden.’ Maybe it's traktor garden - whatever grrrr.

Another peeve is when businesses use those spellings in their business name that make them sound stupid. (Note, some can be cute, a play on words etc, I’m not talking about them) An example of what I mean is “Da Best ____”

Da? Or Duh? I would never in a million years do business with any company who’s first word in it’s name is Da :roll:

spelling error lol I typed 'we' instead of 'me' duh!

16. ksmahgrts

:lol: dbs - just last week i asked a server why the chicken had a sauce with "Grand Mariner"

i seriously can't help myself.

i have a problem. :p

17. dbs241

dbs241 Well-Known Member

Not a problem, just right. LOL I've even corrected signs in bathrooms! I couldn't get the manager to understand what I was saying, so I took a pen back into the bathroom, corrected the spelling, and heaved a sigh of relief. ROFL

There's a question for our fellow spelling perfectionists: What's the strangest/funniest/weirdest/worst spelling error you've seen on public display? What did you do about it?

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

BTW, what happened to that place? Coats has an open sign but like 3 plants? What happened?

19. Clif

Clif Guest

Near many schools:

"Reserved For Busses"

(If you don't see the humour, you're not a true spelling perfectionist)

20. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

anal-retentive people :lol: