would you use a company if...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ksmahgrts, Jun 8, 2006.

?

Would you...

1. Yes, it's the product that really matters

100.0%
  2. No, it shows a lack of professionalism that will likely reflect in their work

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ksmahgrts

ksmahgrts Well-Known Member

al i now is that its a sad world we leave in if peeple are rediculed for doing things the write way! :lol:

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

LMAO, especially coming from you :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. ksmahgrts

here's a twist to the question...

what if the company provided not a product, but a service? child care, home repair, etc.

would that change your perspective at all?

4. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

yeah kan't fics stuped! :wink:

but picking on stupid only makes one person feel good. :lol:

5. ksmahgrts

um. the problem is you CAN in many cases "fix stupid" with just a little hard work.

and maybe pointing out moronic errors will force people to get a clue.

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I'll see the improper use or words and/or spelling and/or grammer. But for the most part my mind automatically puts the correct spelling/wording into what ever it is I am reading.

Now honestly part of my misspellings/grammatical errors come fromthe fact that I think alot faster then I type thus my mind is usually 3-4 thoughts ahead of the one that I am currently typing.

Craig

7. le

le Well-Known Member

good post koo.
    grits, so many variables. really would depend on the product/service and the severity of the mistake(s).

8. ksmahgrts

*sigh*

9. it'sme

it'sme Well-Known Member

I've been loving the Cleveland Elementary School sign with the awards day announcement - that is misspelled!! "Awadrs" Obviously Brookie doesn't drive past that everyday!! I've really wanted to take a picture and post it or send it to JenniferS for the paper, but haven't gotten past there with my camera.

Our students may be able to read & do math but we can't spell....loving it way too much! :lol: :lol:

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I too have seen the word 'busses" and thought it was wrong. But I just looked it up and the dictionary shows it both ways.....buses and busses! :shock:

11. CraigSPL

Sigh all you want but obviously you didn't read far enough down to understand why my typing is like it is.

And since this is a discussion board WITHOUT a built in spell checker we don't always need your comments or corrections here. Just as we dont all need Clif's Snopes replies.

Craig

12. CraigSPL

Incidentally I just cut and pasted that line into MS Word and clicked on the Spelling and GRAMMAR check and it did not kick it out as being spelled incorrectly.

Craig

13. Clif

Clif Guest

If y'all wouldn't post decades old urban legends as if they were new and true, I wouldn't have to.

Unfortunately there are some who fail to do any research, and others who blindly follow them.

In short, "chuck you, farley"

14. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Love it! Love it! Love it!

15. CraigSPL

The point I was trying to make Clif is we don't need a smarta$$ remark or comment everytime someone posts something spelled incorrectly or with improper GRAMMAR. Just like we don't need you posting Snopes eveytime someone posts an Urban legend that has been posted 6 times in the last month across the internet or in e-mail. Have you ever given thought that even though people know they are Urban Legends that it is nice to have a little story now and then about something other than the drab they tell us on the 6pm news?

We aren't in school, we don't need our hands held (some of us anyway) as we trapse across the world wide web. So what I spelled something incorrectly by using an e instead of an a; if people weren't so anal they would let it slide and get over it. After all it is a discussion board, it's not like I'm writting an essay to send to the admissions board of Harvard, nor am I conducting business here.

Craig

16. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Come on people, it's a message board - not a term paper. As long as you know what the other person means - who cares? :roll:

17. CraigSPL

Ah but as we are taught in school (atleast we used to be) that if it was in the dictionary then it was correct. Atleast in the spelling aspect.

Craig

18. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

OMFrG that is what I am saying! :lol:

And!!

AMEN brother Craig!

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

HAHAH. LMAO, did you do that on purpose? You're a freaking riot. :lol: