XBox 360 Question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Clif, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Jessica? Is that you? Is this tuna what I have??? :lol:

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to bust your balls, Clif. I really had never come across adult children getting expensive gifts like that before. And yes, even if you had a set dollar amount per kid 300.00 is higher than I am used to. BUT, tell ya where I am coming from. 5 kids, blended family, my dad's frugality would put frugalmom to shame, AND they have 10 grandkids now. With all those children to buy for, I think they give the adults a trinket (or a check) and focus on the children. We *do* get a nice check from my Grandpa each year, but I forgot to thank him last year - so I probably won't get one this year. :(

Hey, since you're spending big on the Xbox - check out Burger King, they have some Special Edition Xbox Burger King games for 3.99.

3. Clif

Clif Guest

It's higher than I'm used to as well. But fortune has smiled on me and I picked up a good job at a great salary. Like I said, you can ask for anything, but that doesn't mean you'll get it. I just happen to be in the position this year that I can do it. But, of course I would like to spend less if I can, which is what prompted this thread.

On a little more personal level, I really didn't think you were hitting on this subject with any real animosity. You've been uncommonly nice since just before you popped. I'm almost on the verge of referring to you as a friend. ;)

4. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Why isn't Santa bringing your boys their toys, Clif? :p

:wink: :D :lol:

5. Clif

Clif Guest

'Cause Santa doesn't make XBox 360, Microsoft does. They'll get other toys from Santa.

6. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Okay, sure. :wink:

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Only the straps are being recalled (actually just replaced) - some folks just don't use common sense when using them. My son bought one himself as soon as they came available and the WII is awesome. He is a computer geek and seems to love it (granted, this child grew up with video games considering when he was born his older brothers already had them :lol: ) My grandkids love coming over and playing it, at least they aren't just sitting on their butts pushing buttons with this one.

8. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

I got one at target for 399.99........................OUCH

9. Clif

Clif Guest

I discovered something when I bought the two units over the weekend.

Apparently Microsoft (and the other game manufacturers) are setting the sales price so that no one can undersell at any particular store. In short, Microsoft has said the units will be sold for $299 (core) and $399 or they will not be allowed to sell them.

10. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Isn't that a violation of anti-trust laws?

11. Clif

Clif Guest

I'm not a lawyer (obviously), but the way I read it (The Sherman Antitrust Act), it might be.

12. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I have seen that before on other things.

13. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

that could be aimed in another direction, for instance to avoid serious price inflation on them at release. a game shop could have easily charged $1,000 a pop at release for an xbox 360, and the same for ps3 and wii.

edit: i hate phpbb. i said for instance 2x and i didn't like it stylistically so i tried to fix it with the edit button and it told me i cant post so soon after posting. =(

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Actually it is pretty common, companies do that for one, to help the businesses that legitimately sell their products so others, especially on the internet, do not undersell them and create a nonprofitable item for businesses, and two, to keep price gouging from putting the product out of most people's reach, again basically a result of selling online.

15. robo321

robo321 Well-Known Member

I bought one even though the price was a bit steep. I figure the inevitability of the upgraded version would be needed eventually... Besides, I'll need all the perks of the upscaled version when a bunch of us dad's with a beer buz get together for a session of total carnage online.