YMCA vs. Kid's Clubhouse Day Camps

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KB2, May 2, 2008.

1. ShopGirl

ShopGirl Well-Known Member

Dropped them off bright an early this morning! I was very impressed with the staff member standing outside with a sheet of info involving the fun for the day! Set my mind at ease a bit :lol:

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I'm so jealous. I wish I could find something close by for my 5 & 8 yo that could do together. My 5 yo is very shy and wouldn't go anywhere alone, and all camps seem to separate according to ages, so they would never be together. Or they start at rising 1st graders, so he's too young. Then I thought I found something for my 2 yo to do, the indoor soccer camp in Raleigh, which would be perfect because he loves to play soccer and he's very energetic, and they emailed me and said they're not in business anymore! So the one thing I thought he could do, and now he can't do that! Ugh!

So as of now, my kids are not signed up for anything, except the 4042 playgroup!! :mrgreen: I hope Jennifer has a big backyard!!!

3. Jeepgirl

Jeepgirl Well-Known Member

My boys are teens now and I haven't had them in any kind of day care/summer camp in several years, but I loved the Interskate program years ago. We had some bumps the first few months, but the owner got everything worked out and got a much better Adult/Teen supervisory team worked out and it was great. One of my good friends and another good friend's niece both work at Little Stepping Stones/Second Step and the same friend whose niece works there had their two kids there. I used to pick up their kids every once in awhile and I was always very impressed with how clean everything was and how the teachers really seemed to care and get involved with the kids and what was going on with them. For the "over protective moms" like me I was very impressed that they asked for my id each time I picked up the kids. Of course after the first couple of times they knew me, but they still asked. I saw the owner one night not too long ago at a restaurant and she recognized me and it has been about 3 years since my friends kids were in day care.

4. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Kellbell and shopgirl,

My "teen" is there too. They should like they are going to have a busy week. Did you guys attend the orientation? Just wonder if we were all there and didn't realize it.

5. ShopGirl

ShopGirl Well-Known Member

Yes I was there, last Thrus right!?!

6. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

I just think it is funny how so many of us are at the same places alot, and we don't realize it.

I hope you kid(s) have fun. What grade are they in. Our kids may be in the same huddle. Mine is a rising 7th grader.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I didn't go to an orientation, I didn't even know they had one....:neutral:....the boys have been going since they were in Kindergarten....anything new to report? was this just for Upward Bound?

8. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Kellbell,

It was just for upward bound, but if they were there last year, it is all pretty much the same. The main difference is that there are going to put the weekly sheet on-line as well as hand it out. And they finally are getting rid of the silly nicknames.

Everything else is the same. Hope the boys have fun.

9. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

My son went to Kids' Clubhouse for the first time today and boy, he LOVES it! He's looking forward to it tomorrow and days more to come. He said they keep him busy and fun at the same time. The staff there are super nice, so I'm grateful about that.