Youtube

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by Sherry A., Jul 13, 2012.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

When my daughter gets on Firefox, clicks on Youtube and tries to pull up a video she gets a message that says "An error occurred please try later". This error happens every time.

When she goes through Explorer it works fine.

Everything I read on the internet stated to download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, which I did, but it still does not work.

Any suggestions of why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Sherry

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Stop using Firefox.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Did you put the newer You-Tube add-on on your PC? The newest version came out in late June. Hit the Firefox button in the upper left, choose add-on, and put You-Tube in the search engine in the upper right corner.

4. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Firefox > Exploder

5. Sherry A.

I followed your instructions but it is still happening. Any other suggestions?

6. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

You do know there are other options, right?

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Uninstall Firefox if you haven't already. Download the most current version. Every now and then the Mozilla updates seem to trip all over themselves and I find it better to just have a clean build.

8. Sherry A.

Thanks, Harvey. I will try this tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Sherry

9. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Once you load the new firefox, click on "TOOLS" then "ADD ON'S" then "FIND UPDATES". Click on the update links for "flash" & "java" that it shows you. You'll need those.

10. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Yep....but since you didn't mention any how is that relevant?

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

It's revelvent in that you seemed to presume I meant stop using Firefox and start using IE.

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Here we go again Clif.....she mentioned in the original post that she can get YouTube to work with Explorer. You mentioned she should simply stop using Firefox.... to which I responded with Firefox being superior to Explorer (in my opinion of course).

Put in context, no other browsers were mentioned and nothing was presumed about any other browsers.

You're trying too hard.

13. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Oops, missed that part.

To quote Emily Latella...

"Nevermind."

14. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Dare to be different and wild...Use Mozilla....

Freaks

15. Sherry A.

Didn't work. Just cannot figure it out. Told her to wait until school starts again and get those majoring in this stuff to help.

Thanks,
    Sherry

16. ServerSnapper

17. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

If you really want to be different, use Opera.

Personally, though, I'm leaning toward Chrome, since Google is pretty much taking over.

I, for one, welcome our new Internet Overlords.

18. ServerSnapper

Chrome is a system resource hog and it is very intrusive. They collect everything you do on your machine and sell those trends to marketers. Down wid duh Google!! I use webcrawler myself. Old school.

19. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

What is wrong with firefox?

20. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Ask Sherry's daughter...