Youtube

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by Sherry A., Jul 13, 2012.

1. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

That's more of a user/computer issue. I've used Firefox for years and never once had any issues.

Anything else wrong with Firefox?

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

That only means you've been lucky.

I can say the same thing about Windows, never had a problem with it. But others have, or so I hear. The fact that I haven't had any issues doesn't mean Windows is the perfect (or even the best) OS, nor does the fact that you haven't had issues makes Firefox the perfect (or even the best) browser.

I'm an application (and recently web) developer. The mantra, "It works on my machine" might be fun to say, but it doesn't really help the situation.

3. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Its not Wal mart,,

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

other than having to chase down plugins...no nothing is wrong with that crap

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Ok...well I've been lucky. What has gone wrong? You can apply your logic above with anything. Give me one example....seriously....other than the Youtube issue above , what have you heard or seen?

6. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

LOL

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I can't say, as I've not tracked it. I can Google, but I have a feeling all I will get back from you is, "Well aside from that and the YouTube thing, what else you got?"

The fact that I can apply my logic to anything is the point. One cannot say something is better than something else because that person has personally not experienced any problems.

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I'm four posts into asking you to give me an example, other than Sherry's, and I still haven't gotten one from you. Thanks. :roll:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  9. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Oh really? Think about what you just wrote. no problems = problems? huh?

Not to mention I wrote IN MY OPINION (based on experience obviously) firefox > explorer

Are you sure you aren't a woman?

10. ServerSnapper

Support your own thought. Why Firefox over IE?

better yet why choose an app that isn't as integrated into your OS as IE is. IE is an extension of explorer.exe itself. That's why you can go to windows explorer and type in a URL and it come up. On your desktop you can have an address bar at the bottom of the home screen and surf from there. Any of that with Firefox? No. Mozilla is to IE as Apple is to Microsoft. IE is a superior product. Mozilla has a maintenance release how often? A freaking lot. I have had numerous core duo and quad core machine spit mozilla out because it keeps freezing and it is simply another Netscape!

Here is probably why a lot of you choose Firefox...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  11. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Fair question. Based on my experience, I like the numerous add-ons I have employed with my Firefox browser. Namely the ad blockers.

I didn't have them when I used Idiot Exploder.

12. ServerSnapper

I think that name fits. It keeps the idiots out and lets people who know what they are doing work with ease. Good call.

13. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

(Well, that didn't take long)

Issues with Firefox:

General
    Firefox will not start up
    Firefox fails to start because js3250.dll or other files are not found
    Error loading websites
    Problems printing web pages (more here)
    Firefox says my profile is in use or that it is "already running but is not responding"
    Firefox hangs, freezes or stops responding
    Firefox CPU usage
    Firefox crashes (an error occurs and Firefox closes)
    Reducing Firefox memory usage ("memory leak")
    Standard diagnostic steps when Firefox is no longer working properly

Installation and updates
    Internet access is blocked by your firewall after updating Firefox
    Add-ons not working or unable to install themes or extensions - Unexpected installation error -203 after an update
    "Java Console is incompatible" message after updating Firefox
    Other Software Update problems, including ""Software Update Failed" and "AUS: Update XML File Malformed (200)" messages
    Unable to install themes or extensions
    Problematic extensions (including those that cause conflicts with other extensions or plugins)
    Problems uninstalling extensions and removing "*.xpi" or "ghost" entries from the Extensions list
    Your Linux distributor releases a patched Firefox but the Firefox website wants to force you to update

Bookmarks and browsing history
    All my bookmarks are gone
    I can't save new bookmarks
    I can't export bookmarks to an HTML file
    When I try to restore a bookmark backup I get the error, Unable to process the backup file.
    Bookmarks and browsing history are not working, back/forward toolbar buttons are disabled

User interface
    Clipboard (cut/copy/paste) not working
    Scrolling with arrow keys no longer works
    Find bar opens when typing in textbox
    Window shakes
    Resizing an oversized window or setting Firefox to allow resizing of popup windows
    Large gray bar or box below the status bar
    Unable to search or add new engines
    Toolbar changes lost or buttons missing including customizations reset on startup, missing back/forward buttons after Firefox 3 upgrade, and other localstore.rdf issues. \

Downloading opening or saving files
    Unable to save or download files
    Downloads not visible in Download Manager
    Download error: The associated helper application does not exist when trying to open certain files
    The Download Actions list is empty
    "Do this automatically" grayed-out or not remembered and other issues with file types and download actions
    Opening files using plugins
    Opening files from the Downloads window
    "Open File - Security Warning" on Windows, when launching saved downloads (more here).
    Other Firefox file-opening and download issues

Problems with specific websites or web features
    Websites look wrong
    Images or animations do not load (or images look wrong)
    Quicktime symbol with a question mark replaces Flash content
    Video or audio does not play
    Background music does not play
    Unresponsive Script Warning
    Popups not blocked (Details here)
    How to disable bookmark this page popup
    Why "ALT" text image tooltips do not work in Firefox. (Details here)

Privacy and security
    User name and password not remembered
    Firefox asks for a nonexistent master password
    Websites report cookies are disabled when they're not
    "SSL is disabled" message
    "Could not initialize the browser's security component" message.
    Other errors loading secure sites
    Links to local pages do not work
    "Access to the port number given has been disabled for security reasons."

Other
    Jar:File not found error ("Firefox can't find the file at jar:file:///C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/chrome/en-US.jar!...")
    "Windows cannot find ..." error message (or extra tab/window) when opening Internet shortcut or local HTML file
    Uninstalling breaks file type associations or icons
    "Failed to save the preferences file" error or changes to preferences not saved
    Determining whether Firefox problems are caused by issues related to plugins
    Use IE messages upon opening Firefox (malware issue)
    Firefox.exe always open in the Windows Task Manager and automatically loads on Windows boot up (malware issue)
    Addresses entered in IE open in Firefox
    XPCOM:EventReceiver is not responding message on system shutdown
    Deleting Firefox profile via Profile Manager removes non-Mozilla files

These are issues people have encountered. Whether or not there is an easy solution is of no consequence. Almost everything in today's software can be traced to "operator error" where the user either does not know the correct steps to accomplish the task, or is not familiar with the software, etc.

The list presented is not meant to be a slight on Firefox. A similar list can be made for any piece of software. The list is meant to show that no matter what software you choose, it's not perfect nor even better than any others in it's class.

14. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Well, how about the list that I just presented.

And in all that, as well as my other posts, I have not stooped to third grade name-calling (as in "Exploder" and "Idiot Exploder").

15. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Those were not names directed at you but at Internet Explorer. Sensitive much?

Thanks for the list.

16. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Whatever works I guess

17. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Name calling is name calling.

You're welcome.

18. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Clif, I have tried a lot of items on their site with no luck. I am going to try the link above.

Sherry

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You are not the only one who has been "lucky".

Firefox, on a PC, has rarely given me issues, and I rarely hear of folks having an issue with it.

20. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Dude...really? My apologies to all those tight with Internet Explorer.