Youtube

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by Sherry A., Jul 13, 2012.

1. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Hell froze over 'twice' this week!!:jester:

Chrome is the biggest resource hog I've ever seen. It sews itself into the OS like spyware in sheep's clothing. And I use Webcrawlers brother, Dogpile.

At one time I was an IE supporter. Not now. It's just like Chrome now. I use Firefox. And I like everything about it except the new versions Cache format. It's a monster sized file system that I don't see any purpose in over the older version Cache format.

Maybe you guru's can answer this. Why are large cache files now broken up into separate and smaller segmented files in multiple directories?

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Tracking end users. Everybit of the cache is used for end user trending. dont be fooled. got to SANS.org are read up on the newer technologies that does trending

3. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Everybody has a favourite, and they choose their favourire for different reasons. No matter which one they like, they can always point to a vast list of issues with all the others, and have never experienced any of the issues others point out in theirs.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't really care. If you have an issue with one, try another**. If you have problems with that one, there's another one yet to try. If you try them all and still have too many issues, then you probably shouldn't be on the Internet in the first place.

** This is the reason my first post was "Stop using Firefox." Notice I did not recommend another browser specifically. What you choose instead is up to you.

4. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

As hard as this is to read, I believe I am the opposite in the sense I don't usually change unless it is broken. Now there are other examples of things I've tried....like for example DirecTV vs Dish Network..... just because I was curious but by and large I stick with what works.

5. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

what a crying puss,,