youtube

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by Rockyv58, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to download a youtube video, especially to a thumb drive?

2. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure the content is owned by the uploader and downloading might be copyright infringement.

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Rocky,
    With what Harvey said in mind, I know that there are sites where you can convert Youtube video's to MP3. I wouldnt be surprised if they will convert to a video file as well.

If you Google "Youtube conversion" or something of that nature it will get you close.

Here's an example:
    http://www.ixconverter.net/

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

MP3's are audio. Video is MP4. No one owns that content once it crosses your screen. You own that screen and the technology pushing it. You paid for it. 90% of people who post on youtube don't give a disclaimer to their content. Yes there are utilities that will allow you to rip the videos locally to your machine. Check on youtube. The technology is demonstrated there.

5. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

That's not true, legally or ethically.

Note section 4 of the YouTube Terms of Service.

(I was going to quote it, but it loses it's formatting and I have neither the time nor the inclination to fix it. Just click the link).

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

That's what the "Favorites" is for.

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

There you go bullying again.
    Maybe he wants to see it when he's not online.

Regardless, it's not your business why he wants to do it, he asked if there is a way to do it. The answer is "yes", there is no need for all of your additional comments.

9. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

lol...

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

So let me get this straight. Telling someone about a feature they may not be aware of is bullying?

I think you need a new dictionary. Perhaps one that didn't come with crayons?

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

So, again according to your highness, the only response to any question post is either "yes" or "no"?

You know I checked yet again and I cannot find where anyone at 4042 hired you to be a forum moderator.

12. BuzzMyMonkey

Pro Bono Bub...

13. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

It's only pro bono if you're offered the job.

Again, there's that dictionary problem. Do you and theonewiththelongname share the same dictionary?

Speaking of which, y'all seem to be following each other. Every time one of you pops up, the other is right behind.

14. BuzzMyMonkey

Not true Mr. know it all... Change your name to waste management as much garbage as you throw around here.

One doesn't NEED to be OFFERED a job to be pro bono..

One PROVIDES free SERVICES to be pro bono...

Volunteer doesn't necessarily mean you've been offered a job...

15. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

You proved earlier that you are incapable of dichotomy between the two.

I don't care a thing about you or what you do or what you write, but for the umteenth time you jumped all over me for a comment I made to an earlier thread. Then you confused me with Buzz and yet continued with your bullying of both of us.

You bring this upon yourself by inserting yourself as an authority in every conversation or by pulling the most obscure comment from a thread, twisting it and picking on the individual who posted it.

I've run off worse trolls than you, but I'm not going to put the effort in to chasing you away because you need medication and it wouldn't be fair. The whack jobs all fade away on their own eventually.

There is a real world out there, you should check it out sometime.

16. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

So, if I come over to your house and paint it with pink and green stripes and polka dots, it's all fine and dandy because I did it "pro bono"!

What a tool!

17. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Yep, and you're right behind.

18. BuzzMyMonkey

Hey it's all good... I'm a tool and your're a complete idiot on this subject of pro bono.. Mr. Webster

19. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

wow yer a smart un. Like your fat twin that follows you around. cluck cluck

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Oh geez, y'all are exhausting. Speaking of one and the same, by any chance is your name spelled C-l-i-f? I was beginning to think that he is a reincarnation of Wayne, but the two of you seem pretty well connected.

You two (or one) go back to sitting at the nerd table. Mixing with the cool kids didn't work out so well. It's OK, you'll find friends there.