Zenni Optical and Clark Howard

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gcoats3, Nov 6, 2008.

1. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I have seen several posts that indicate some of you are faithful listeners to Clark Howard. Have any of you ever purchased eye glasses from one of his advertisers, Zenni Optical? He was promoting them today and a listener called in today just raving about a pair of $60.00 glasses she had purchased from Zenni.

http://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

do a search on zenni, there are two threads under Money Matters. Most people have been pleased with glasses from there it seems.

3. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

zenni

Our house is a 50/50 split decision on zenni. DH got a pair, and loves them. I (the female side) hated that you could not try on every single frame, could not touch or feel them, but ordered a pair of glasses anyway. I needed progressive lenses, anti-glare and it still came to around $100. When I got them, they were not good. The worst part is although you have to go thru a bunch of measuring when you order, the only part you cannot measure on yourself is that progressive/bifocal 'sweet spot' and I just guessed. I sent them back and got a 50% refund. It would have been 100% had they made an error, but the error was on my part, so that was that. I went back to my regular eye doctor (Garner Family) and got the glasses that were better suited to my needs.

So, hope that helps. If you want just regular glasses, Zenni is fine. If you want progressives, fancy frames, etc I'm not sure I would recommend them.

4. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

$100?!?!?

Wow!

I order from zenniopitcal and eyebuydirect.com ALL the time.

I have never paid more than $30 SHIPPED for a pair of glasses, and usually it's around $15. I just ordered DD another pair because she can't wear her contacts right now and she wanted something different for her upcoming Bday party.

Yeah, it sucks that you can't try them on, but for $15 we don't care.