Zumba Class

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Leixlip, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Leixlip

Leixlip Active Member

Does anyone know of a pay-as-you-go Zumba class? I really don't want to join a gym but would love to try out a class.

2. RealityWorkouts

RealityWorkouts Well-Known Member

One of my clients, Lauren Harwood, teaches Zumba nearby. Not sure if she does pay as you go.

You can email her at jlauren20@hotmail.com , or call at 760-3401. Tell her I referred you to her.

3. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

My classes run in 4 week sessions. I also offer a drop in rate. PM me if you want the details. 3 of my students have lost over 50 pounds!

4. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

There is a Zumba class at Kids Clubhouse on Tuesdays and Thursdays. $5 per class. Jess is an amazing teacher. I've never sweat so much in my life.

5. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

There is a new session starting at Clayton Parks and Rec this Thursday. You can always try your first class free.
    Its $20 for in-town residents of Clayton and $35 for non, that covers 6 weeks.
    Thursday's class is at 6.

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

7. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

YES!!!

I've been attending a Zumba class in Raleigh. It's a halfway point for me and my friend. Anyway, its on meetup.com, Zumba by Veronica. She's AMAZING!!! The class is so much fun, it does seem like a party! She infuses alot of hip hop, cuban, salsa, bollywood, etc. It's not the same routine every class either, she mixes it up and adds in alot of new ones. She's very good at instructing the moves and you can go at your own pace.

$5 per class (they are an hour long) and they are great! I've already lost over 15 lbs and I'm only on week four. :) I also highly recommend bringing lots of water and a hand towel, you will definately get a workout!

I am definately interested in any local classes as well, Veronica doesn't teach every night. :)

8. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Raquel Williams who owns DPM Studios on 2nd Street in downtown Clayton has a zumba class I'm pretty sure Tues, Wed, and Thurs evenings taught at her studio. She also does a fitness dance class on Monday evenings that is similar to zumba and lots of fun. $5/class. Her website is www.dpmstudios.com and you can find a monthly calendar there I'm sure with times.

9. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Zumba is everywhere! Dance into Shape with Jess is at Kids Clubhouse Tue/Thur at 6:30 $5 and she is great. I dance at Gold's (used to be KX in Clayton) but there drop in went up to $10 so I don't recommend at that rate. Cindy at Clayton Fitness is awesome!! Her class is Mon nights and Sat mornings.

10. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

A great way to try dance is come to a benefit and you get to experience different teacher's style. There is one this Sat at DPM

Sat, November 12, 10:00am – 11:30am
    Description
    Admission is an item off the Wish List:

Dog/Cat/Puppy/Kitten food – preferably Purina brands
    Play Pens/ Baby Gates – for fostering young animals
    Doghouses Dog Crates Dog and Cat Carriers
    Leashes Collars Kong Toys
    Bowls Rawhides/Treats Trolley Systems
    Kennels Fences

OR--- $10 per person

Please bring your water/towel-- we will be doing salsa, cumba, bachata, cha cha, hip hop and swing dance routines that are easy to follow and LOTS of fun!

Zumba Instructors:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zumba-Explosion-with-Linda/141807912557154?ref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/zumbafitwithsandra?ref=ts

Also, Raquel from DPM Studios will be doing some of her Just Dance Fitness Routines

Johnston County Animal Protection League Website:
    http://www.jcapl.org/blog/
    more details» copy to my calendar»

11. BlueBell

BlueBell Guest

Zumba

I have been taking Zumba classes for about 4 months now. It's fun! You get a great workout & have fun at the same time.

12. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

This is something I would love to try but I have no rhythm and am definitely not coordinated. At least I could be the entertainment! :lol:

13. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

I attend those classes at DPM Studios and I LOVE it!!!

14. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

These classes can actually help you with that! Don't be afraid to come try it out. Took my workout buddy a year to get me to dance class and now I can't live without it.

15. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

I have to agree...it's not about getting every step right or looking "cool" while doing it you're there to burn some calories while having a little bit of fun!....My coordination used to suck due to some balance issues but these classes have helped a ton! Nobody's watching you anyway....everybody's looking at the teacher.

16. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Which class do you attend? I see there are 3 different kinds on different nights. I am shy about going since I don't know anyone. I NEED to lose some weight and get back in shape. Thanks!

17. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Come to the benefit on Saturday 10-11:30 and you will get to try several different types with different instructors.

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

honestly, working out in any form should not be about 'knowing someone' or worrying about 'how you look or if you can do it'. Anyone who is serious about fitness and getting into shape are all on the same page and it has nothing to do with any of those things. Once you can let go of all that and your goal is for Y O U, all that other stuff magically disappears.

Good Luck to you! Go for it girl! You have nothing to lose.....except a few pounds!! :grouphug:

19. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

20. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member